Ace Frehley #4

You paced back and forth across the room. The boys were coming back any minute. That meant Ace would be back. And that meant you had to face him.

You sniffled as those words returned again. The words that came from a so-called fan, who said so many mean things to you.

"He doesn't love you, Y/N. He's just pretending."

Just pretending.

The fan didn't mention her name. But she was just plain awful. You could still hear all those things she said:

"I might just be a fan but I know the stuff. And I think you should break up with him. He doesn't love you, Y/N. He's just pretending. So why don't you do yourself a favor and leave? That way I can take your place. Ace Frehley should be with someone like me, not you."

A tear slid down your cheek. Was it true? Was Ace just pretending? Did he love you at all?

You wanted to find out. And the only way was to ask him, even if it meant getting hurt in the end.

Sure, it could've been a really mean joke. But the girl seemed too serious to be joking. And the way she left also said something about her. She walked away with such pride, flipping her hair dramatically while sashaying. She obviously didn't care about hurting someone's feelings.

Oh, what do I do?

You sat down, covering your face with your hands. There was nothing else to do except face your fear. You had to find out whether or not the girl was telling the truth. Whether or not your boyfriend loved you.

The door opened. "Hey, Y/N."

His voice. His lovely voice. You looked up to see a smiling Ace, happy as one can be. He kissed your forehead. "I didn't see you at the concert. Is something wrong?"

"Oh, no, I just wasn't feeling well," you lied, already regretting it. You couldn't let him know that you had left before the show started. You always stayed to the very end at every concert while on tour with KISS this year. Until now. "But I'm okay now."

"Mmm. Good." But Ace didn't fully believe you. Despite you trying to hide it, he knew something was wrong. It was that obvious. He could easily read you. So what he saw worried him.

You lied on the bed, staring at the ceiling while Ace took a shower. Many thoughts ran through your mind. Most of them consisted of what you should say to him.

"Ace, do you love me?"

"I'm going to ask a question and I want you to answer honestly with a yes or no. Do you love me?"

"I met a fan today and she told me . . ."

No, no, no. None of those starters will work. They didn't sound very good. You groaned in frustration.

"Y/N?" Your boyfriend's voice brought you back to reality. A concerned expression filled his face as he sat down on the bed.

"Yeah, baby?"

"Are you all right?"

"I'm fine," you told him.

"Darling . . ."

You got up right when your eyes began to water. The thought of Ace not loving you started to make you emotional. You sniffled.

Ace frowned. "I don't like it when you cry."

"I'm fine. Honest." You attempted a small smile, but it didn't last very long. Taking a deep breath, you turned away from him and wiped your eyes.

"Y/N . . ." Ace's voice trailed off. He wrapped his arms around your waist and pulled you closer, literally to his lap. Nevertheless you stared at the floor, not wanting to make eye contact with him. He sighed. "Tell me what's wrong."

"Nothing is wrong."

"Don't lie. I can see right through them." Ace rested his head against your shoulder. "Tell me, baby."

"Okay." Sniffling again, you explained what had been bothersome. You brought up the fan who confronted you and said all those horrible things before the concert started.

Ace didn't speak during the time you were talking. He just listened closely, his head still on your shoulder, his arms still around your waist.

The room went soundless after you finished. You weren't sure what Ace was thinking but you knew he had to be. He remained quiet for the next couple of minutes.

Until he spoke.

"Y/N," he began. "What she said isn't true. I love you. I love you a lot. And all she was trying to do was to hurt you. But you know better than that, baby. I'm so happy and lucky to be with you. There's no way I would pretend to love you."

Ace lifted his head and kissed your cheek. "I love you so much, Y/N. So, so much."

He sounded so genuine and that reassured you.

You believed him.

"Oh, Ace," you uttered. "Oh, Ace, I love you, too."

As a result of being happy, you planted kisses all over Ace's face. He laughed, which encouraged you to keep doing it until your lips finally met his.