Ace Frehley #1

You were Peter's younger sister. The two of you were close and Peter took the part as the protective older brother. Knowing this, you've been hesitant about informing him of the current relationship you were in. He knew you were dating someone but had no idea that that "someone" was a member of the band KISS. His bandmate, Ace.

You and Ace started dating about a year ago and since then you've kept your relationship a secret. Secret dates, secret kisses. Nothing was public. The only thing that kept you from saying anything was not knowing how Peter would react, especially since your boyfriend was Ace. Just how would he react? Would he be okay with it? Or would he be against it? There was a possibility that he would be fine with it but you weren't sure, and that was bothersome.

"Do you think we should tell Peter?" you asked one day. Ace was sitting on the couch in a hotel room, with you in his lap. Your job required you to travel to another state recently and it just so happened to be the same place where KISS was having a concert. So, the two of you took the chance to spend time with each other when you weren't busy.

"If you want to," Ace answered, pressing a kiss to your temple. "After all we've been sneaking around for a whole year. Maybe it's about time."

"I know. That's the thing." You began playing with his hair. "I want to tell him but then I don't. What if he says something negative?"

"I'll still love you no matter what, Y/N. No one will change my feelings for you. And if Peter or anyone else is against our relationship, then so be it. But I'll still love you." He smiled.

Letting out a sigh, you rested your head against his shoulder. "I love you, too, Ace."

The next day you planned to tell Peter. How? You weren't sure. But it was going to be this day and this day only. "To get it over with," you told yourself.

Now it wasn't an obligation to tell Peter but you felt like he should know. Then you won't have to sneak around with Ace anymore. However, you were okay with continuing your relationship in secret if Peter was against it.

You met with the band later on. It had been a long day for you, thanks to your job. But luckily you were able to get through it. Now it was time for the band's concert and time was ticking.

"I think after the show would be best." You sat in Ace's dressing room, watching as he applied his makeup. Though as you were talking, you lowered your eyes to the floor. "That way both of you can get through the concert . . . or something like that." You frowned, trying to figure out what exactly you were trying to say.

But you didn't have to explain it more. Ace understood. He made the finishing touches on his makeup before turning to you, a smile entering his face. "Okay."

You grinned, suddenly having an urge to kiss him. But you couldn't, not yet. He was about to perform.

Pretty soon there was a knock at the door, followed by a voice. Paul's, to be specific. "It's time to go, Ace. Are you ready?"

"Yes, just a second." Ace stood up. You did the same. He walked over and gave you a short hug. "Enjoy the show, Y/N."

"Good luck," you said softly.

He smiled even more before leaving. You let out a sigh and later followed him out, wondering how exactly you were going to break the news to Peter. You knew you had to figure it out soon but right now you needed to enjoy the show.

To tell the truth, watching the band perform made your worries go away. The sight of them on stage made you forget everything that was bothersome. They were amazing.

Especially Ace. He was so focused on playing his guitar, his fingers moving across the frets while strumming the strings. He was perfect. They all were.

After the show, you couldn't hold back your excitement. Seeing Ace made you rush over and throw your arms around without thinking. "You were amazing."

"Thank you," he said with a grin.

Smiling, you kissed him passionately, not caring that the others were seeing this. Eventually you pulled away and let go, giving Ace a smile only to let it fade once you noticed the other band members' presence.

Your face grew hot. "Oh, hi. You were, uh, great, guys."

"Thanks, Y/N." Paul smiled. Gene did the same but only slightly. As for your brother, well, his face didn't reveal any emotion. No signs of anger, happiness, nothing. You were starting to worry.

Finally he spoke. "How long?"

"A year," you answered. "We've been together for over a year."

Peter nodded. His eyes landed on Ace. "Can I talk to you for a minute? Alone?"

"Sure," Ace said.

You weren't liking this.

It literally felt like hours. And the fact that Peter's tone wasn't friendly or happy didn't help any. Something bad was going to happen. You just know it.

"So you and Ace," Paul said at one point.

You nodded. "That's right."

"I kind of figured you were together," Gene spoke up. "It was obvious."

Hearing his words made your face grew hot. Gene knew? You wondered for how long but decided not to ask. Besides, there were other things to think about, and one of them was how exactly Peter and Ace were getting along.

"This whole time?" You could hear Peter's voice coming from within the room. "This whole time and you never said anything to me?"

"We wanted to," Ace said. "Honestly."

There was a moment of silence after that. Then Peter said something indistinctly. You sighed, rubbing your face.

Awhile later the door opened, revealing Peter and Ace. The two of them had unreadable expressions on their faces, which could either mean good or bad. You bit your lip. "Well?"

Peter took a hold of your wrist and gently pulled you to the side. "Do you love him, Y/N?"

"Yes," you responded truthfully. "Very much."

He studied you for a moment, then sighed. "This is a little hard to believe. I never thought you would . . ."

You waited for him to continue. He didn't. Instead he gave you a smile. "It's all good, Y/N."

The corners of your mouth turned upward. You hugged your brother happily. "Thank you, Peter."

"Yeah, yeah," he said.

You grinned at him before walking toward your boyfriend, who stood a few feet away, talking to Paul. "Hey."

"Hey beautiful," he greeted, turning to you. Paul left to give you privacy.

"Peter approves of us." You wrapped your arms around him. "And you know what that means."

"Yeah? What does it mean?" Ace already knew the answer but he asked anyway. You rolled your eyes.

"It means we can be together," you said.

"But we're already together."

"Ace!"

He laughed. You shook your head. "I love you, my spaceman."

"I know you do, Y/N. And I love you, too, my spacewoman." He smiled.

You couldn't help but do the same.