Peter Criss #2

Ten minutes.

It's been ten minutes and he still hadn't shown up.

But that was okay. It happens. Not everyone can arrive on time and that's completely fine. However, ten minutes turned into twenty. As for twenty minutes, it turned into thirty and so there it continued.

So now you've been waiting for two hours, and there was still no sign of him. That could only mean one thing.

Your date stood you up.

This has never happened before. No one has ever stood you up. Well not until now. You should've known that something like this could happen. But you didn't know. So it wasn't your fault that you've stayed in the restaurant for two hours.

Pretty soon a waiter walked over to your table. It was the same waiter who came when you first arrived. Once in awhile he'll come and ask if you were ready to order. Each time you would say no, that you would order later, though you did request a glass of water earlier. After all you were waiting for him to come, and then you'll order some food. But he wasn't here. And the waiter was back.

"I think I'll order now," you said, picking up the menu. It had been sitting on the table all this time. You often scanned through it to occupy yourself, but now you were really paying attention to the lists of food.

In the end you've decided on a simple soup and your favorite sandwich. The waiter nodded, though you could tell he was relieved, and took your menu away.

You sighed disappointedly. This was extremely unexpected. You didn't think you'd end up being by yourself. But you did.

However, there was a bright side to the whole situation. If your date hadn't stood you up, then you wouldn't have met him.

Him.

He was in that very restaurant as you, sitting in the same side of the building. You didn't notice him, of course, but he did see you. And his bandmates were talking to him.

"Do it, Peter," Ace told him. "Do it before she leaves."

"I don't think she's leaving anytime soon, Ace," Paul spoke up. "She just ordered."

"Yeah, and about time, too," Gene said with a sigh. "How long did she wait?"

"Two hours," Peter replied, using the very words the waiter had told him. They knew what kind of situation you were in. It was very clear to them.

Peter watched as you took a sip of water. Then you rested your chin on the palm of your hand, appearing to be sad and disappointed at the same time. Maybe even bored.

"Do it," Ace repeated. "Hurry."

After glancing at his bandmates, Peter sighed, then stood up. He began walking toward your table while the others watched. "Hello."

You looked up, smiling a bit. "Hi."

Honestly you were kind of hoping he would take the hint and leave. You didn't feel like interacting with anyone, especially after what happened. But instead of scurrying away from your table, Peter sat across from you. "Long night?"

"I guess you could say that."

The drummer drew in a breath. Maybe it was best to be direct instead of making small talk. He exhaled. "Your date stood you up, didn't he?"

You stared at him in surprise, mouth agape. How did he know?

"Now I don't know if that's true, but that's what it looks like. Were you supposed to be on a date tonight?"

"Well I-I mean . . . y-yeah," you stammered. "Yeah, he stood me up."

Peter nodded before looking around. His eyes soon landed on a couple who were laughing and talking. He cleared his throat. "Is that him?"

You followed his gaze only to have your mouth drop open again. There he was!

Your date. He was sitting in a far corner of the restaurant, taking to a girl you didn't recognize. But she was pretty. And they looked like they were having a marvelous time.

"I can't believe it," you muttered. So he did show up. But he didn't go to your table. What nerve! "I don't believe it."

Your blood began to boil. You were seething with rage. However, you couldn't do it. You couldn't do anything right now. There were a lot of people around. You didn't want to make a scene.

"I'm sorry," Peter said softly.

You turned your attention back to him, shaking your head. "It's okay. Not your fault. I had no idea he was actually here."

You groaned in frustration. "Oh, how could I be so stupid?"

"Hey." Peter reached for your hand. "No, you're not. You didn't know."

A small smile entered your face. He was very nice. Who was he? "What's your name?"

"Peter. Peter Criss."

"I'm Y/N Y/L/N."

He smiled. "It's nice to meet you, Y/N."

"You, too, Peter."

Finally your food arrived. The waiter set your bowl and plate down before turning to Peter. "Would you like anything, sir?"

"No, thank you," Peter responded.

The waiter nodded and left. Once he disappeared in sight, you looked at Peter, raising your eyebrows. "You don't want anything?"

"I just ate."

"Oh. I see." You began to eat your meal. "So what do you do, Peter?"

"You wouldn't believe me if I tell you."

"Try me."

"All right," he said. "I'm in a band. I play the drums."

"Wow, a drummer boy," you remarked with a grin. "That's amazing. What band?"

"Again you wouldn't believe me."

"Again try me."

"Kiss."

By this time you were drinking some water, and his reply made you cough a bit. You shook your head in disbelief. "No. That's impossible. You can't be part of that band."

"It's true," Peter said.

"Kiss?"

He nodded.

You stared at him, then said, "Prove it."

So he did.

He proved it by inviting you to a concert they were performing on the following night. You realized that Peter was telling the truth after all. He was the drummer in the band KISS.

And that's how your relationship began.