Paul Stanley #8

"Hey, Y/N. Have you fixed my outfit yet?" Gene asked.

"Yeah, it's on the rack," you answered, barely looking up from your crossword puzzle.

Peter walked over to you. "Y/N, do you know where my red lipstick is?"

"No, Peter. I don't." You tapped your pencil against the page, trying to figure out a certain word. It was long and the definition didn't make any sense. It was starting to frustrate you.

"My boots feel funny," Ace stated as he began walking over the place.

"Let me see them, then." You still didn't look up.

The only quiet person in the room was Paul, who occupied himself with applying his makeup. It was clear why he wasn't speaking and why you two didn't interact. The rest of the band knew this reason and so they stayed away from making you talk to each other.

What was this reason?

You had a fight. It was you who brought up a subject, thinking that it would be a serious discussion. But then one thing led to another, so therefore it didn't end well. Now you weren't interacting. You didn't even make eye contact!

Letting out a sigh, you took one of Ace's platform boots and studied it. You frowned, noticing that it was in perfect condition. "I don't see anything wrong with this one, Ace."

"Try the other one," he said.

You ended up having to repair his other boot. It wasn't much but he was happy when you returned it to him. Afterwards you went back to your crossword puzzle:

8. Two people who are very much in love; also a bird

Your brow furrowed. What?

"All right, Y/N, how do I look?" Peter questioned, catching you by surprise. You looked up, raising your eyebrows.

"You look fantastic, Peter," you replied.

Out of the corner of your eye, you could see Paul looking in the mirror, his makeup now fully done. You ignored him.

"Hey, how many minutes do we have left?" Ace inquired.

"About six," Gene responded.

You glanced down at your puzzle. There were a few more boxes to fill out, excluding the long one you were struggling with earlier. At one point you magically figured it out even though the meaning of the word was still confusing.

After being unable to figure out number eight, you decided to ask for help. "Does anyone know the answer to this? Two people who are very much in love? Also a bird?"

Everyone thought for a moment.

"Lovebirds," a voice said finally. Hearing it startled you, for the voice belonged to no other than Paul. That was the first word he said to you all day!

He stood up from his chair. "It's lovebirds."

Lovebirds. A perfect word to describe your and Paul's relationship.

Before your fight, of course.

You glanced at him quickly before writing the word down. "Thanks."

Six minutes came and went. You didn't think the concert would arrive so fast but it did. During that time you completed the crossword puzzle, which meant that you could go and enjoy the show.

Being in the audience really was something. You watched the band perform and listened to their songs, loving every minute of it. However, sometimes you and Paul would make eye contact unintentionally, though both of you mostly averted the other's gaze afterwards.

Until that one song.

You could hear the familiar music playing. Hearing this, the girl beside you got excited.

"I love this song!" she exclaimed when you looked at her. You turned your attention back to the stage.

Only to meet Paul's eyes.

"I want to give it all to you," he sang. "In the darkness, there's so much I want to do . . ."

A shiver went down your spine.

It's just a song, you thought. A song he's singing for everyone to hear. He can't be singing to me when there's people around.

So why did he keep looking at you?

His stare was intense whenever he did. All of his attention was on you as if it was just the two of you and not hundreds of people.

Just the two of you.

He looked away.

Your heart was beating so fast during the song. How could Paul do this? How did he have the power to get this reaction out of you? Yes, you had a fight. Yes, you were mad at him. Yet despite this, you found yourself drawn to him.

"Feel the magic, there's something that drives me wild. And tonight . . ."

He had a reason to do this. Why he kept gazing at you while singing. And this reason was going to become very clear to you.

"I think he's looking at you," the same girl from before said, nudging your arm. You swallowed, noticing Paul's intense stare again.

"I was made for loving you, baby.

You were made for loving me.

And I can't get enough of you, baby.

Can you get enough of me?"

So perfect, you realized. Paul is so perfect.

How could you stay mad at him?

When the song ended, Paul puckered his lips and blew a kiss.

At you.

You were unable to focus on the rest of the concert. Your mind was going all over the place, along with your heart, which was beating really fast. Even your cheeks were hot.

All of this was from your reaction to the song Paul sang and his actions. You knew he had directed the song to you. Even the girl knew it.

"I think he was singing to you earlier," she said when the concert ended. You were so occupied with your thoughts that you hadn't realized it was over.

A small smile appeared on your face. "Actually I think he was singing to you."

The girl laughed. "Sure he was. But that's a nice thought."

Several minutes later you went backstage and toward Paul's dressing room, where he was about to go in. You took a hold of his wrist. "Paul?"

He looked at you. "What is it, Y/N?"

Without saying anything, you kissed him. You kissed him with so much love and passion, silently telling him that you still cared.

"I'm sorry," you whispered after it ended. "I'm so sorry. It was my fault. I shouldn't have gotten mad the way I did."

Paul shook his head. "No. It was my fault, baby. I caused you to be mad, and I shouldn't have done that. I shouldn't have reacted so harshly, either." He cupped your face. "I'm so sorry."

You kissed again and again, letting each other know there was forgiveness between the two of you.

"All right, enough already," someone said. You stopped to find a smiling Ace. "I see that you finally made up."

"Get out of here, Ace," you joked.

"Okay, but we have to go soon, Y/N." He laughed and headed toward his own dressing room.

You turned to Paul, who kissed your forehead. "Get ready later, Y/N. We'll be going out for dinner."

"Okay." You grinned.

He smiled before going inside his room, leaving you with happy thoughts.