Gene Simmons #2

There was no way he would want you. It just wasn't possible. And if you got into a relationship, you had a feeling it wouldn't work out.

So with that in mind, you had to leave. But how? His arm was wrapped securely around you. He was literally holding you close while sleeping. It was nice and all but you knew it didn't mean anything. Being with him didn't mean anything.

You slowly got out of his grasp, not wanting to disturb Gene. However, your movements woke him up nevertheless.

"Y/N?" he asked sleepily.

"I'm sorry, Gene. But I have to go." You got out of bed.

"Now?"

"Yeah. I have work."

He sighed. "Well that was dumb of me thinking you would be off today. I wanted to spend time with you."

You snorted. Gene? Spending time with you? Never would he ever! "Sure, Gene."

"I did."

"What we have isn't real. You know that." You began brushing your hair while looking into your closet to find something to wear. Meanwhile Gene was still in bed, occupied in his thoughts.

To be honest Gene never felt the way he did whenever he was with you. It was different somehow. After all you drove him absolutely wild without knowing it. Though he may not say it, Gene liked everything about you.

"Y/N, please stay," he spoke up when you finally picked out an outfit.

"I can't. Work." You glanced at the clock. It was nearly eight thirty, meaning you had to leave soon.

"Call in sick, then."

"Gene, I can't do that!" you exclaimed, walking toward the bed. "Why do you want me to stay, anyway? Shouldn't you be going to the studio today?"

"No. Not today."

"Hmph." You sat down, then sighed. "Gene, how long are we going to keep this up?"

"Keep what up?"

"Us. Our relationship." You swallowed. "Because I can't do this anymore when I know none of it means anything. To you, anyway. I know you don't actually have feelings for me."

Although you weren't facing him, you knew Gene was looking at you.

He muttered something under his breath, then asked, "Y/N, what are you talking about?"

His words caught you off guard. You turned your head, staring at him. "What?"

"It's the things you do," he began. "Even the simplest, little things drive me wild, Y/N, and I like it. I've never felt this way before until we got involved. Ever. And now I'm always looking forward to seeing you. Because you're the best. You're so beautiful and . . . perfect."

Wow.

You never expected Gene of all people would say those things. But you knew he could be a sweet one under that hard exterior. He could be gentle. He could be anything. And you knew it.

"You brighten my day, Y/N," he continued. "And I'm in love with you."

You smiled. "I love you, too, Gene."

"So what do you say?"

Without a word, you turned to the telephone, which was on your nightstand. You picked it up and dialed the number of your workplace.

You put on an act and called in sick despite being perfectly fine.

"I better not regret this," you said after hanging up. You moved closer to Gene.

"You won't." He then kissed you, which you happily returned.