Gene Simmons #3

You were currently on tour with KISS. Being an assistant for them, you always accompanied the band whenever there was a tour. Being with them meant that you were literally in their presence all the time, assisting them with whatever they needed help with, so usually you were a wardrobe assistant. However, you had no idea that recently three members of the band were planning something. They were trying to play matchmaker by setting you and Gene up. Why? Well you liked each other. What other reason is there?

But this. This was not what you expected nor wanted.

"No! I'm not staying in a room next door to his!" You gestured toward Gene, who looked at you with an unreadable expression on his face. The others stood back, watching silently.

"Oh, yes, you are," he spoke before picking you up bridal style. You squealed and demanded to be put down but he ignored you.

"Guys, help!" you shouted. "The demon has captured me!"

Instead of doing anything, the rest of the band just watched, clearly amused. Ace smiled and waved, making you huff. That was not the reaction you expected.

"Gene, put me down," you demanded. "Gene!"

"I hear you," he said, reaching and entering the room. "Lower your voice."

He then lowered you to the bed, where you scrambled to the wall, immediately taking a pillow from underneath the covers and clutching it.

"Y/N, you are unbelievable," Gene commented, rolling his eyes.

"Shush," you told him.

He shook his head before leaving. "I'll be next door."

"Yeah, yeah."

Once he was gone, you let out a sigh and went into the bathroom to shower. After hopping out, you changed and decided to go to bed early. But during the night, you couldn't sleep. You tossed and turned in bed until you finally woke up with a gasp.

A nightmare.

You had a nightmare.

Trying to get back to sleep was not a good thing to do, especially after having a bad dream. So you left and went straight toward Ace's room without a second thought.

Only he wasn't there.

You knocked repeatedly on his door but he never answered it.

This disappointed you. Whenever you had a nightmare, you always went to Ace. He was the only one who knew about them. No one else.

But now he wasn't in his room, and you didn't know what to do. So you went to Gene's room and knocked. He answered on the third knock, unintentionally startling you. He was still wearing his makeup.

"Where's Ace?" you asked.

"He, Paul, and Peter went out into the city." Gene shrugged. "To see the sights, I guess. I don't know."

"Why didn't you go?"

"I didn't want to."

"Okay, well, um . . . thanks."

"Yeah." He was about to close the door but then you stopped him. He raised his eyebrows.

You hesitated. Would it be okay to ask him? Would it be okay to ask him if you can sleep in his room tonight? After all Ace wasn't around this time and there was no way you can go back to sleep after an experience with another nightmare.

You could stay up and wait for Ace. But there was no telling when he would be back, and you had a feeling you couldn't stay up forever due to being tired.

So you picked up the courage and decided to ask Gene. "Can I sleep in here tonight?"

He blinked. It was obvious he didn't expect to hear that question. "What?"

"Please, Gene?" you begged. "I can't sleep in my room. Not tonight."

Letting out a sigh, Gene widened the door and stepped aside. "All right. Fine."

Smiling, you walked in.

Later Gene went into the bathroom. You crawled into bed and grabbed a pillow, clutching it as if your life depended on it. Your gaze moved up to the ceiling, thinking about the tour amongst other things. But mostly you thought about Gene, who you had feelings for. He was oblivious to it, of course. And he didn't have feelings for you.

Or did he?

It was extremely hard to tell. Gene wasn't the kind of person to show his emotions easily, or at least that's what you thought. He was always hard to read. You never knew what he was thinking or how he was feeling. But you did know one thing, and that was the feelings you developed for Gene, aka the demon.

You were still wide awake when Gene returned. He wasn't wearing his makeup anymore, unknowingly making you stare at him.

It didn't take long for him to notice, though. "You're staring at me, Y/N."

"Yeah." Your face grew hot but you ignored it.

"Why?"

You went quiet for a minute or two, then said, "I've never seen you without your makeup before."

He sighed. "No one has."

"Yes, I know but . . ." You sighed, sitting up and putting the pillow back in its place. "I don't know. I'm tired."

"Then you should go to sleep."

"I can't."

"Why not?"

"Because sometimes I have nightmares." You paused. "And usually I go to Ace's room whenever I have them, but . . . since he's gone and you're not, I thought . . . well, you know . . ."

You didn't bother finishing your sentence. But Gene understood what you were trying to say. He turned off the lamp and got into bed. That's when you instantly moved over to him.

"Thanks, Gene," you whispered, resting your head on his chest. "Goodnight."

He wrapped an arm around you. "Goodnight, Y/N."

You yawned, then closed your eyes, falling asleep to Gene's steady heartbeat.

You didn't have any more nightmares that night.