Gene Simmons #9

Part 2 of Gene Simmons #8! Requested by @Murderdolls_8299 !

***

The tour was over.

You found yourself back in the familiar surroundings of your apartment. It was the same, of course, but it was strange to be back since you were gone for so long.

Three weeks after being back, you were still thinking about your current situation. You knew that eventually you would have to see Brantley, your "boyfriend," pretty soon and break-up with him. But the only thing that prevented you from doing it was not knowing when would be the right time. So that's why it was taking so long. That and going over what you should say to him.

"Brantley, we need to talk. I'm breaking up with you."

"Brantley, I can't do this anymore. Things changed since we've last spoken that I think we should break up."

"Hey, Brantley, do you remember Gene Simmons? From Kiss? Yeah, I'm in love with him so I'm breaking up with you."

The third one was definitely not something you should say. You flopped on your bed, letting out a groan in frustration. For a few minutes you just lied there, staring at nothing in particular. That's when the telephone rang.

Luckily it was on your nightstand and so you picked it up on the second ring. "Hello?"

"Y/N?"

You froze, recognizing the voice instantly. "Brantley."

"Hey," he said softly.

"What's going on?" you questioned. "I mean, it's been months."

He breathed in deeply, then exhaled. "I know. I just . . . I want to talk to you, Y/N. About us. Can I come over?"

"Yeah," you answered. "Yeah, you can come over."

"All right. I'll see you later, then."

"Okay."

The two of you said goodbye, then hung up. You remained on your bed a little longer, not wanting to get up yet.

Well actually that's what you ended up doing. After hearing a distant knock on the apartment door, you got up and walked out of your bedroom.

Standing on the other side of the door was your boyfriend, who gave a little smile. "Hi."

"Hi." You widened the door to let him come in.

He did.

You led him to the living room, where you both sat down on the couch. The silence between you two was a little awkward, but can that be blamed? After all you haven't seen each other in months.

Brantley cleared his throat. "I know it's been a long time since we've last saw each other. And I know our break lasted longer than we've expected, but . . . I've been thinking."

You stayed quiet, waiting for him to continue.

"I thought maybe we could get back together. I've missed you, Y/N. So much. And I know that we argued a lot in the past but I'm willing to start fresh. You know, put everything behind us and start over. So what do you say?"

There was only one thing that can describe your reaction: speechless. You had no idea that Brantley would say something like this. You didn't anticipate it! However, if you weren't in love with a rockstar, then you probably would've said yes.

"Brantley," you started nervously. "I'm sorry but no."

He raised his eyebrows, obviously shocked. "Why not?"