Ace Frehley #3

You sat on one of the steps in the pool, enjoying your time alone. No one else was at the swimming pool so you basically had the whole area to yourself. And that was fine.

Sometimes being on the road was tough, especially when you spend most of your time with a band who always ask for your assistance 24/7. Or at least that's what it seemed like. You worked as an assistant for them.

But today was a resting day. So with that in mind, you decided to go to the hotel's pool and have some fun.

By yourself.

Give me one kiss and I'll be happy,

Just, just to be with you,

Give me, give me, a chance to be near you,

Because, because I love you.

The song on the radio played on until it ended, and pretty soon a man began talking. It was your radio that was currently on. You had just bought one about a week ago and so you often played it while alone. Like today.

You closed your eyes, smiling to another song that started playing. It was a mellow song.

"Y/N!" a voice called.

You opened your eyes to find a figure running toward the gate that surrounded the pool area. The figure was no other than your boyfriend Ace, who called your name again. "Y/N, we're going out tonight--"

Suddenly his voice was cut off when he tripped and fell to the ground. You've never gotten out of a swimming pool so fast before.

"Oh my gosh, Ace, are you okay?" You rushed toward him.

"Yeah, I'm fine, just . . . ow." He stood up slowly, looking at his hands.

Frowning, you checked them and realized that Ace had scraped his palms. "Oh, baby, that looks bad. Let's go inside and get you cleaned up."

After grabbing your belongings, you headed back into the hotel with Ace. You led him into your own hotel room, where you grabbed a small first aid kit.

The whole time Ace didn't complain. He just watched you take care of his scraped palms gingerly.

"You have to be more careful next time," you said after bandaging them up. You then caressed his knuckles. "There. Good as new."

"Thank you," Ace said softly.

"No problem." You smiled at him before putting everything away. Then you grabbed some clothes before hurrying to the bathroom to take a shower.

Meanwhile the guitarist sat down on the edge of your bed, staring down at his bandaged hands. You were so good, so kind to the band. So caring. He was lucky to have someone like you. Who knew what it would be like without you by his side.

Which is why he was seriously considering something.

He had it all planned out, or so he thought. It was supposed to be tonight. Tonight he was supposed to surprise you with a beautiful ring and pop the question. That's why he rushed out to the hotel's swimming pool to inform you that you'll be going out tonight. The band wasn't doing anything and so he had planned the perfect night for you both.

Well mostly you. He wanted the night to be very special.

But once you walked out of the bathroom, dressed and all, Ace had other thoughts. He looked up in time to find you picking up a hairbrush and run it through your hair. That's when he realized something.

Ace didn't want to wait.

He wanted to ask you now.

"Marry me," he murmured while watching you with admiration.

You heard him indistinctly but didn't bother to look over. "What?"

"Marry me," he repeated, louder this time. Now you were staring at him, still holding your brush.

"Did I hear you correctly?" you questioned.

"You did." Ace stood up, walking toward you. Admiration was still visible in his eyes. He took your free hand and raised it to his mouth, leaving a trail of soft kisses on your knuckles. "I want to marry you, Y/N."

"Ace, I . . . I don't know what to say." It was true. You were completely speechless. Ace wanted to marry you?

"Just say a simple yes or no." He was now kissing your fingers, pressing his lips to each one. His actions made a shiver go down your spine. You loved his touch.

"Then yes," you breathed, setting down your brush. "Yes, Ace. Yes, I will marry you!"

A grin appeared on his face. He let go of your hand and brought you into his arms. You kissed him passionately.

"You don't know how happy I am right now, Y/N," he whispered. "Soon you'll be Y/N Frehley."

"Y/N Frehley." You smiled, loving the sound of that. "I love it."

Ace kissed your forehead and held you close for a long time. Neither of you wanted to let go.

"Should we tell the others?" you asked, breaking the silence.

"Mmm. If you want to."

"Let's do it, then."

Both of you let go, smiling. Ace offered his hand and you took it, ready to announce the news of your engagement to the band.