Gene Simmons #12

Would you ever admit having feelings for Gene? No way. But you did have feelings for him even if he gets on your nerves sometimes. To be honest you've liked him ever since the two of you met two years ago but did he know that? No. And he probably would've never known if your boyfriend of six months hadn't cheated on you while you were away on tour with the band.

You really believed Derek was the one. But he wasn't.

Forget him, you thought as you walked through the door. Forget him and that girl.

There had been nothing but bad days for you ever since Derek cheated and told you about it on the phone when you called him. It had only been a few days but to you it felt like weeks. Despite this, you put on a happy face and pretended that everything was okay, even though it wasn't. However, on this particular day, unbeknownst to you, your "happiness" was starting to fade, and this became very clear to the band KISS.

"I think something is wrong with Y/N," Paul spoke up. He was the first one to notice your mood when you arrived to watch them rehearse. "She's not acting like her usual self."

"I'm sure she's fine," Gene said. To you, he would be the last person to notice anything. The two of you were always at each other's throats. "She seems fine."

"Actually, I think Paul is right, Gene," Ace told him. "Y/N isn't herself today. Did you know she snapped at me after I greeted her today?"

Gene glanced at Ace, then Paul. Afterwards he looked over at Peter, who hadn't said anything. "What do you think?"

"I talked to her this morning," Peter said. "She didn't sound very happy. I can tell you that."

Gene breathed in deeply, then exhaled. "Well believe what you want to believe. I think she's fine. She snaps at me all the time."

The other band members exchanged glances but didn't respond. Even if one of them wanted to, they couldn't because pretty soon you showed up.

"Hey boys," you said with a smile. To a stranger, you would appear perfectly fine. But to the band? Your happy act was diminishing.

"Hi, Y/N." Paul walked over to you, ready to give a hug but you moved away from him before he could. To him, that was a little strange. You always gave him a hug. It was a thing you did whenever you saw him. After all he was the member you were closest to.

"All of you look great," you commented. The four of them looked at each other, which made you frown. "Is something wrong?"

"No. Nothing's wrong," Ace said quickly. The fact that he responded a little quick aroused your suspicions. But you brushed it off.

"Well okay. Are you ready to rehearse, then?"

"Oh, yeah," Paul replied. "Definitely."

"Great!" You smiled. However, eventually your lips turned into a frown during the middle of rehearsal, and you weren't paying as much attention as you used to. All you could think of was the hurtful actions caused by your now ex-boyfriend. He didn't care about you or your feelings. Only himself.

When the band finished rehearsal, you grinned and commented how good they were, especially Gene. He was surprised to hear that because you never said it before. Ever.

Until now.

Everyone was right. Something was wrong.

Letting out a sigh, he decided to walk over to you and see what exactly was going on. You haven't given him one of your usual comments, which obviously meant something. But what? He was planning to find out.

"Y/N," he said.

His words made you look at him. "Oh, hey, Gene. What is it?"

"Don't give me that," he told you.

Your eyebrows rose. "Give you what?"

"Innocence. I don't know what it is but you're not acting like yourself. Everyone can see it, including me."

Your eyes began to water. You swallowed thickly before turning away from him. "I'm fine. Honest."

"No. You're not."

"I'm fine."

"No."

"Gene."

"Y/N."

A tear slid down your cheek. You wiped it away, sniffling. "My boyfriend broke up with me. Well, actually, he cheated on me. He's been with some girl while I was here working for you guys and a few days ago I just found out about it. I called him on the phone and he just . . . admitted it."

By this time tears were streaming down your face. Your shoulders shook. "He cheated on me. And this whole time I thought he was the one."

A moment of silence passed. Gene didn't say anything. He couldn't. For one thing, out of all people, you told him. He thought you would tell Paul, since the two of you were close. But you didn't. Instead you told Gene.

As for another thing, well, he didn't expect it. He didn't expect you to go through something like that. You didn't deserve to get cheated on. You didn't deserve a jerk of a boyfriend. You were too special, too innocent, too pure for that. And Gene knew it.

"Y/N," he began.

Wiping your eyes, you faced him. But before he could say anything, you wrapped your arms around him.

"I'm sorry," Gene said finally.

"It's not your fault," you mumbled.

"I know but you don't deserve him. You don't deserve that."

"How interesting. I didn't think you would actually say something like that to me."

You were starting to act like yourself again, Gene realized. He didn't bring it up, though. "But it's true, Y/N."

"Yeah?" You pulled back to look at him. "Then what do I deserve? Who do I deserve?"

Your cheeks were tear stained. To tell the truth Gene didn't like you seeing like this. So sad. You may have gotten on his nerves all the time but that didn't mean he had zero feelings for you.

"I don't know," Gene answered. "Me?"

You stared at him, shocked. Gene? Of all people? Did he reciprocate the feelings you had for him? The secret feelings that you've harbored for so long? You couldn't believe it.

"I like you, too," you admitted. Although he didn't say it directly, you knew he was implying it. Before he could speak again, you reached up and pressed your lips against his softly.

Neither of you spoke after that, so for awhile it was pretty much silent between the two of you.

Well until one of the others decided to say something.

Leave it to them to interrupt.