Eric Carr #1

A/N: So I've been thinking about Eric Carr lately. And I don't know, this happened.

***

Wow.

This guy was angry.

Or at least that's what he looked like.

You watched as he repeatedly tried to get the lettuce with his fork. He was eating a salad, though most of the time he was struggling with the lettuce. It wouldn't stick to his fork for some reason.

"I need another fork," he muttered before waving his other hand around. A waiter arrived and he asked for another utensil. The waiter nodded and walked away.

Your date turned his attention back to you and smiled. "Sorry about that. What were you saying?"

"Oh, it was nothing," you answered. Earlier you were talking but Seth had been preoccupied with his salad to pay attention. It didn't even look like he was listening. So you decided to stop and let a hush silence fall between you.

Yet you were surprised that Seth had asked about it.

"All right." He took a sip of water. More silence. In the distance, you could hear someone calling a waiter for some sort of sauce.

This wasn't a good night. Nor a good date.

Seth was cute and had a great personality. But on this night, his traits refused to show. Ever since your date started, Seth hardly paid any attention to you. And whenever he did, sometimes he'd interrupt you and ask a question that wasn't related to the subject.

There was more to that.

A few times he complained about his food nonstop. Other times he'll burp really loud, say "excuse me," then continue. And maybe once or twice he'll chew with his mouth open, or he'll talk while eating.

This was not how you expected your date to turn out.

So now, while Seth talked about some road trip he went on, you tuned him out. Instead of focusing on what he was saying, you thought about someone. Eric, to be specific. One of your best friends.

He knew about your date. He even warned you about Seth, saying he had a bad feeling about him. And now you realized he was right.

"Are you sure you want to go on a date with him?" Eric asked that morning. You had dropped by at the studio for a moment to see him and the others.

"Yeah," you replied. "Why?"

Eric hesitated. "I just . . . I just don't want to see you upset, Y/N. I don't want your night to be ruined."

You chuckled a bit, brushing it off. "I'll be fine, Eric. I promise. The date will go smoothly."

How wrong you were.

Now you wished you had listened to him. But how were you supposed to know that your date with Seth would be this way? You didn't. So it wasn't your fault.

You took a bite of your food, barely listening to what Seth was saying. Something about his job and the countryside.

Time went on and pretty soon you found yourself getting bored. Seth didn't get any better by this time. He continued his bad habits.

But what really shocked you was the action he took toward the end of your date. At one point a woman arrived, following a waiter to a table. Apparently Seth recognized her, for he had gotten up right when she walked by.

"Hey dollface, how are you?" Seth asked before following her.

What you thought would be a couple of minutes turned into more. After thirty minutes, there was still no sign of him, and so you pushed your plate away with a sigh. It was time to go.