Ace Frehley #15

It's Ace's birthday! <3

***

Ace picked you up and spun you around. The action of his made you laugh and after being placed on the ground, you smiled at him.

"This day is absolutely wonderful," he said. "I want to thank you for that."

"But it's not over yet," you reminded him. "There's more to your birthday than this."

He grinned, pulling you close as you both started walking again. The boardwalk was crowded with a lot of people. Everyone was enjoying the different kinds of entertainment that was provided, filling the air with conversations and laughter. But they had no idea that Ace Frehley from KISS was among them.

"What do you want to do first?" you asked, taking his hand. He hummed a bit, thinking as you intertwined your fingers with his.

"I don't know," he answered. "Why don't you pick?"

"But it's your birthday, Ace. Your special day."

"Then what do you want me to say? Ride on the carousel?"

You looked at him. "Do you want to?"

He chuckled. "Sure, why not?"

With a grin, you led him to the merry-go-round. It took a few minutes to get there but once you did, the two of you got in line.

"Honestly I really didn't expect this," Ace spoke up. You were now near the front of the line. "Coming here, I mean."

You gazed at him, squeezing his hand gently. "I wanted this day to be special for you."

"Well thank you," he said, kissing your cheek.

Pretty soon it was time to get on the ride. Both of you took your own seats, hanging on tightly as the merry-go-round started to move. During the ride, the two of you smiled and laughed every now and then, enjoying your time there.

It was great.

Afterwards you got on a few more rides, played some games, and even had a treat. Pretty soon the sun was about to set, and that's when Ace got an idea.

"Let's go on the Ferris wheel," he suggested.

You looked at him, surprised. "The Ferris wheel?"

He nodded. But before you could even speak any further, he took your hand and led the way.

The line for the Ferris wheel was slightly longer than the previous rides you've been on but that was all right. While waiting, you and Ace chatted and even snuck a kiss. Luckily no one paid attention to that.

Finally it was your turn to get into a cart. Ace allowed you to go first before getting in himself. The employee set the safety bar down, and within minutes, the cart began to move.

Yet somehow the cart stopped at the right moment. Once the two of you were on top of the Ferris wheel, you noticed that the sun was setting. You smiled at the mixture of colors in the sky: orange, pink, a bit of purple and blue. It was beautiful.

"Y/N?"

At the sound of Ace's voice, you looked at him. He leaned in and pressed his lips against yours softly. You returned it immediately, smiling against it.

A lot of people kissed at the top of the Ferris wheel, sure. But sharing a kiss with Ace in the Ferris wheel during a sunset? It was special. Beautiful. Perfect.

When it ended, his forehead touched yours. He took a hold of your hands, kissing them. "I've had a wonderful time."

Your lips turned into a smile. "The day isn't over yet. But happy birthday, Space Ace."

"Thank you." He grinned before kissing you again. And again.