Paul Stanley #12

"Paul, I miss you," you said, playing with the telephone cord.

"I miss you, too, baby," he cooed. "But I'll be home soon. I promise."

You glanced down at the floor. "I can't wait."

"Me, too."

The two of you talked a bit longer, then hung up. For Paul, a concert was coming up, meaning that he had to get ready for it. But that didn't stop him from thinking about you.

It's been too long. You haven't seen each other since the tour started and that felt like forever ago. However, on a lighter note, the tour was going to end soon. Both of you just had to wait.

Letting out a sigh, Paul put the phone back in its place. In a few minutes, he would have to go to the venue with his bandmates and get ready for the concert. Yet even though he was always occupied with performing and whatnot, his mind would drift off to you. He missed you terribly.

Just like you missed him.

As Paul traveled from place to place, you stayed at home and did your regular routine everyday. Mostly it consisted of going to work, though you did a whole bunch of other things, too. You've kept yourself busy but there were nights when you got lonely at home. After all you missed him.

A lot.

"Paul, are you ready?" a voice asked from outside the door. It was Peter, who then knocked.

"Yeah, just a second," Paul replied, turning to the mirror. He took one good look at himself, making sure he was ready before leaving the dressing room.

Peter was standing near the wall, looking at something. But once Paul stepped out, the drummer gazed at him. "Hey."

"Hey," Paul greeted. "How much time do we have left?"

"About five. Maybe less."

Paul nodded.

Just then Ace showed up with a smile on his face, and at that moment Paul wished he could act the same. But like mentioned before, he was missing you terribly.

It's been so long.

"Paul?"

He blinked, then looked at his two bandmates, who were both staring at him. This made him raise his eyebrows. "What?"

"You miss her, don't you?" Peter questioned. "You miss Y/N."

Paul nodded slowly. "Yeah, I do."

"Don't worry," Ace spoke up. "A few more concerts and then you'll be able to see her."

A few more concerts.

Those words stayed in Paul's mind when the band finally showed up on stage.

As usual the concert went extremely well. People in the audience cheered and screamed with happiness. However, it became a habit for Paul to wish that you were there in the audience, smiling and cheering. But you were unable to come with them on tour.

Many days passed. Weeks, even. The usual things happened during that time: traveling and performing. After all that's what they do on tour. However, pretty soon the band ended up playing their last concert during the tour. And that could only mean one thing: they were going home in a few days. Paul was going home.

And you both knew this.

You were in the living room that day, occupying yourself with a few things when Paul finally came home. It had been a long day for him, and all he wanted to do was spend time with the girl he loves and missed.

"Y/N?" Paul called tiredly, setting his things down.

No answer. You were so busy that you didn't hear him at first.

He closed the door. "Y/N, I'm home!"

This time you heard, and you immediately rushed out of the living room toward the main hall, where your boyfriend was. "Paul!"

You ran into his arms, hugging him before placing kisses all over his face.

He chuckled. "Okay, Y/N."

"I'm sorry," you said, pecking his lips. "I'm just so happy."

"Happy?" Paul kissed your forehead. "I'm happy, too, baby. I missed you."

"I missed you, too." You stayed in his arms for awhile, enjoying the moment. No words were spoken, though it was obvious that the two of you were happy to see each other. Very obvious.

You sighed contently. "Paul?"

"Mm-hmm."

"I'm glad you're home."

"Me, too." He kissed you softly. It was a long one at that, filled with so much love. "I missed you so much, darling."

"Then maybe I should come with you next time," you said with a chuckle.

"Will you?" Paul asked hopefully.

His question made you look at him, raising your eyebrows while doing so. "Do you really want me to go with you on the next tour?"

He caressed your cheek. "Only if you want to, Y/N. I don't want to force you."

You bit your lip, then said, "Don't worry, Paul. I'll come."

"You will?"

"I will." You smiled before giving him a kiss, which he happily returned.