Ace Frehley #16

This guy was terrible at dancing.

He knew it, too. But he wouldn't admit it.

Yet he called you a bad dancer even though you've only accidentally stepped on his foot once. That was it. And he still called you that.

I think I'm better off dancing with someone else, you thought, looking around the area. But there wasn't anyone else you could dance with. The club was full of strangers, which meant that if you wanted to dance with another person, it would have to be one of them.

It didn't matter, though. The guy you were currently dancing with was a stranger. He didn't introduce himself and neither did you. So the two of you didn't know each other's names.

You turned your attention back to the guy, who was dancing to the music without a care in the world. He didn't notice you, and that gave you a chance to walk away. You didn't want to dance with him any longer.

Sighing, you sat down at a nearby empty table. All of your friends were busy so you were by yourself that night. You thought you'd have a great time at the club.

But you were wrong.

A slow song started playing. People found their dancing partners and began to slow dance. Several others left the floor. You, on the other hand, remained in your seat. Why bother? There wasn't anyone to dance with. Besides, you didn't feel like dancing. And so there you were, sitting at a table by yourself, wishing you stayed home tonight.

Until he came.

"Why are you so glum, Y/N?"

Startled, you looked in the direction the voice was coming from, which was a chair across from you. Someone was occupying it.

And that someone was no other than Ace Frehley.

"Ace!" you exclaimed.

He grinned. "Hi."

"What are you doing here?"

"Oh, I just wanted to go out. You know."

You nodded.

"What about you?" Ace questioned. "Why were you so glum?"

"I wasn't glum," you told him. That made him smile - it was as if he didn't believe you. "I thought I would have a good time here but so far I haven't. I mean, I recently stopped dancing with a guy who said I was bad at it . . . even though it was the other way around."

Ace studied you for a moment, then leaned forward, propping his elbow on the table. He rested his chin on the palm of his hand. "And now that it's a slow song, you don't have anyone to dance with."

"I didn't say that."

He laughed. "Well let's hurry before it ends."

His words caught you off guard. You blinked. "What?"

Smiling, he got up and walked around the table to get to your side. He held his hand out, waiting for you to take it.

You were speechless.

"May I have this dance?" he asked.

It took you a few more seconds to finally recover. When you did, you took his hand, and that's how you ended up on the dance floor with the lead guitarist of KISS.

Ace's left hand held your right. His other hand rested on your waist and yours was on his shoulder. The two of you swayed to the music, enjoying each other's company. It was as if no one else was there - just the two of you. As if you were both in your own little world.

You looked at Ace, who smiled. His brown eyes were gleaming with happiness. Both of you were content.

Letting out a breath, you rested your head against his shoulder, relishing the moment as you both continued to slow dance.

"You know, I think this is the first time we've danced together," you said.

He hummed. "Is it?"

"Yeah."

"Well you can dance with me anytime."

His words made you lift your head and look at him. He winked before pressing a kiss to your forehead. "Ready for a spin?"

You nodded. Within seconds, Ace spun you around, then pulled you close to him. This happened numerous times throughout the song and somehow you ended up laughing each time.

But towards the end of it, you felt his lips against yours. His action took you by surprise but that didn't prevent you from returning the kiss. You wrapped your arms around him as your lips moved perfectly in sync with his.

Ace smiled and deepened the kiss, making it last longer. Again it felt like it was just the two of you. You and Ace - no one else. No one around, and it was perfect.

Once the kiss finally ended, you held each other close silently. All you did was slow dance for the rest of the song.

"Ace, I want to thank you," you said when the song was over. The two of you had left the dance floor, where people were now dancing energetically.

"For what?"

"For dancing with me tonight. This entire time I could've stayed at the table." You shrugged. "Or left."

"You didn't, though. That's the thing." Ace grinned. "And I loved dancing with you."

"Really?" you asked.

"Mmm-hmm." He cupped your face, and you smiled, knowing what was about to happen. And just like you predicted, he kissed you again, only this time it was soft and gentle. "Why don't we get out of here?"

"All right," you said. "But where to?"

"I don't know," he responded, shrugging. "We'll think of something."

You smiled and took his hand. "Okay."