Ace Frehley #9

You stood in your four inch platform boots, guitar strap over your shoulder, a guitar held with one hand. Your other hand was currently strumming the strings, playing a little made up tune.

Ace, who had just arrived, was the one who found about your secret hobby and talent. He smiled when you finished. "What was that?"

The sudden sound of his voice made you turn around. You didn't expect anyone to arrive yet! "Ace, hey! When did you get here?"

"A few minutes ago," he replied. "But you didn't answer my question, Y/N."

"Oh, it was just a tune I made up," you said, shrugging. "I had it for awhile and so today I decided to play it."

Ace nodded. "Well it sounds good. Maybe you should become a musician."

"Me?" You shook your head. "No. No, thanks."

"Why not? You have a hidden talent for guitar playing."

"No. No, Ace."

"Okay, you don't have to," he said. "But I mean what I said. You're really good."

A smile appeared on your face. "Thanks."

He grinned. "Play with me?"

The two of you ended up playing the guitar together, just hanging out and having fun. Spending time with him was enjoyable, and you loved every second of it. Unbeknownst to you, Ace would often glance at you, watching as you played your guitar with admiration.

Ever since you've met, Ace liked you. However, he didn't know how you felt. He didn't know if you liked him that way. It was hard to tell. But he was in love with you - and you had no idea.

Needless to say you liked him, too. It's just that you were shy to tell him, most likely because you didn't think he liked you in that way. In conclusion, you and Ace liked each other but neither of you knew about the other.

If that made sense.

Pretty soon you decided to stop and take a break. A smile was on your face while looking at Ace. "That was amazing."

"It was," he agreed.

Both of you were really close this time. It would've been a perfect moment. A perfect moment for a kiss, and that was what Ace planned on doing. He leaned in, his lips about to touch yours when suddenly you moved away. "I wonder when the others will get here."

Ace hid his disappointment. "I'm not sure. They should be here, soon, I think."

"Mmm." You went back to your guitar, strummed it, then frowned. It was out of tune.

Ace watched you tune it for a bit until he decided to speak. "Hey Y/N, do you . . . have a boyfriend?"

"A boyfriend?" You chuckled, shaking your head. "No. I don't."

This was his chance.

He gazed at his guitar. "Well will you . . . I mean . . ."

You looked up curiously. "Will I what?"

"Go on a date with me?" he asked, making eye contact with you.

"A date?"

"Yes." Ace suddenly grew nervous. Why was he so nervous now? That always seemed to happen whenever he was around you. His heart would race and he'd get nervous sometimes. That wasn't like Ace.

Not at all.

"I mean, you don't have to, but I thought--" His voice was cut off when you leaned forward to press your lips against his softly.

"Sure," you answered with a smile. "I'd love to go on a date with Space Ace, my spaceman."

He chuckled. "Your spaceman?"

"Yeah. I'm spacewoman." You gestured toward your silver platform boots. "Can't you tell?"

"Where did you even get those, Y/N?"

"I don't know. I just got them." You winked.

Ace smiled. "Will you be my spacewoman, then?"

"Yeah." You grinned. "Yeah, I'll even be your space girlfriend."

He laughed, which made you grin even more. The two of you kissed, then turned your attention to your guitars, waiting for the others to arrive.