Peter Criss #9

You were having a bad day. At first it was good, but then things plummeted when you got into a huge argument with your boss at work, and the result wasn't good.

Basically you got fired.

That didn't bother you, though. You hated your job anyway and awhile back you were offered another one that paid better. With that being said, you'd be having that job soon.

Yet despite this, you weren't in a good mood when you came home that day. You were still mad from what happened at work. So when Peter returned home from the studio, you didn't greet him like you usually did. Nor did you show any signs of affection.

"Hey Y/N," Peter mumbled, hugging you from behind. You were standing at the kitchen counter, going over a list of items you needed to buy. Thinking about it made you stressed.

"Is there anything else we need from the grocery store?" you asked, ignoring Peter's greeting.

He kissed your temple. "No. I can't think of anything. And don't worry about it so much. You know I can do it."

"You? Going to the grocery store?" You scoffed. "Please."

Peter chuckled, still holding onto you. He was about to kiss your cheek when suddenly you got out of his grasp, startling him. You never did that before. Usually he'd let you go.

"Is something wrong?" he questioned.

"Everything is fine," you replied flatly.

He furrowed his brow at your sudden change of tone, watching you leave the kitchen. Something was wrong. It was that obvious. And he was planning on finding out what bothered you.

"Y/N?" he asked, entering the bedroom you two shared. "Did something happen today?"

"Of course not."

"You seem angry at something," he continued.

"I'm not angry. Definitely not angry." You began brushing your hair. "I'm fine. So don't worry about it, all right?"

"But--"

"Peter, will you stop?!" You threw your hairbrush at him. Luckily he ducked just in time, making the object thud against the wall behind him. It landed on the floor. "I don't want to talk. Can't you understand that? So leave me alone!"

Before he could respond, you went into the bathroom and closed the door. Or more like slammed it. A few minutes later he heard the water running.

Letting out a sigh, Peter left the room. He was shocked by your mood and tone. Even your actions. Of course, you've gotten angry before but not like this. You've never thrown anything at him, even when you're in the worse of moods. Something was definitely wrong.

And he wanted to know what it was. But he couldn't - not when you're like this. Not when you're in a bad mood. So with that in mind, he knew it was best to give you some time alone, and that's what he did.

The drummer went into the living room, where a small stack of envelopes was set on a nearby table. Mail. He looked through them but there was nothing. Almost the same things. But even when he was occupied with it, his mind had drifted off.

To you.

As if on cue, you spoke from behind. "Peter?"

He turned around at the sound of your voice. You had changed, and your hair was slightly wet from the shower.

"Peter, I'm sorry," you said softly, walking toward him. "I'm sorry. I had a bad day."

"It's all right," he said, bringing you into his arms. You buried your face into his shoulder, breathing in his scent. It always comforted you no matter what, especially when you were upset.

The two of you stayed quiet for a bit, just holding each other. Eventually you both pulled apart, and Peter caressed your cheek with his thumb. "Do you want to talk about it?"

You took a deep breath. "I had a big argument with my boss at work today. It was so bad that he fired me. I got mad."

Peter frowned. "I'm sorry."

"But everything is good in the end, I guess," you continued with a sigh. "I had a job offering awhile back. It's still available so I guess I'll take it."

Without another word, you went back into Peter's arms. "Can you hold me? I just want to be in your arms for awhile."

"Of course." Peter kissed your head. "Anything you want."

"Thank you." You hugged him tightly, enjoying the quiet moment that followed.