Paul Stanley #14

It's Paul's birthday! <3

***

"Happy birthday, Paul," Gene said when his bandmate entered the studio. The other two repeated after him, making Paul smile.

But it didn't last very long. His smile faded a few seconds later, and the others noticed this.

"Hey, what's wrong?" Ace asked, frowning.

Paul shook his head. "It's nothing. I'm okay."

But Peter already figured it out. "It's about Y/N, isn't it? She hasn't returned yet."

"Yeah," Paul mumbled, confirming it. "She hasn't."

You had a job that sometimes required you to go places. Depending on what you had to do, it either lasted days, weeks, or months. This time it was months - you haven't seen each other since November.

"I miss her." Paul sat down. "I miss her so much. It's been months."

Gene placed a hand on his shoulder. "Don't worry. You'll see her soon."

But Paul didn't know that Gene was right. He will see you soon because during the time he was at the studio, you finally came back home.

With a lot of plans.

"Y/N, are you sure you want to do this?" Dinah questioned. A friend, she was and earlier you called her to ask for her assistance with your plans. "After all you just came home. Aren't you tired?"

"I rested on the plane," you replied while gathering ingredients. You were going to make a cake for Paul. "Besides, I had a good amount of sleep last night so actually no, I'm not tired."

"But--" Dinah was about to protest when you gave her a look. She closed her mouth, staying quiet for a few seconds until she spoke again. "Okay. What do you want me to do?"

"Can you help finish decorating the living room? I did most of it earlier but there's still a few decorations to be put up."

"Got it. I'll get started." Dinah smiled before walking out of the kitchen. Once she was gone, you turned away to start baking a cake.

***

Hours passed, and pretty soon you were able to complete your plans. The only thing left was to have Paul show up, and his bandmates were determined to do that.

Yes, they knew you came back. Paul was the only one who didn't. So when Peter suggested that all of them should go to your and Paul's house, the latter was confused.

"Why would you want to do that?" he asked.

"So we can all gather around and have birthday cake, of course," Ace replied with a smile. He wanted to tell him about your arrival, but knew it was supposed to be a surprise. After all that's what he, Gene, and Peter promised you - not to tell Paul.

"But I don't have any cake," Paul said. "I didn't buy one for myself."

Gene sighed, looking at the clock. They were supposed to arrive around seven-thirty or so, though it was nearly six o'clock. "Listen, why don't we go somewhere to eat? Then we can go to your house."

"Oh, well, I was actually planning on eating at home." Paul shrugged. "So it's okay. We don't have to--"

"We're going out to eat," Ace interrupted, setting down his guitar. "And besides, it's your birthday, Paul."

"Yeah, why can't we have a celebration?" Peter questioned.

"But I--"

"Let's go," Gene interjected, already making his way to the door.