12. Jo

I hear a knock on the door. But what time is it?
«Dinner is almost ready!»
I go to open the door and I see a blonde girl with long hair and a nose that looks a lot like Hero's.
«Dinner... oh my. Josephine! Is it you?» she exclaims incredulously.
«Mercy, yes it's me! It's a pleasure to see you» I say hugging her.
«Me too». Then she looks at me perplexed and asks, «What happened to the cheeks?»
Oh, nothing, look, just your brother...
«Nothing important, don't worry. Did you get a room in the city?» I ask to change the subject.
«We are here at Anna's too, there is no shortage of rooms and she is very happy to host us, we'll not disturb her much. We had to get it but Hero took the tickets literally two days ago and there were no rooms available in the city center or nearby».
«Fantastic» I smile.
«Are you going to wake him up?» he says laughing pointing at Hero.
«Yeah, yeah, don't worry, ten minutes and we're down».
She thanks me and leaves.
It will be a challenge to wake up a sleeper like him at 8:00 in the evening.
Last night he was gorgeous, I missed him so much. I'm aware we probably shouldn't have gone to bed under these circumstances, but I think it took a while, and I needed it. I needed to feel his body, to feel it mine.
I think I want to give him another chance but not immediately, he doesn't deserve it, not yet. I've to understand what he feels for me right now and I would like him to prove it more in deeds than in words... we'll see.
«Hero, love...» oh God no, I called him 'love'.
He emits a moan and turns away.
«Oh come on, it's useless to do this, you've to wake up, dinner is ready!» I shake him by the shoulder.
«Fuck, I'm hungry though» wow finally, so he's alive. «Okay, I'll get up».
«It was time».
«Good morning baby» he gives me a simple kiss.
Oh no, however, that's not the case.
«Mhm, sure, baby» I mock him.
«Of course, what would you like to be if not my baby?» he giggles and slightly tickles my belly.
I burst out laughing.
«So? Are you my baby or not?» he keeps tickling me.
I don't breathe with laughter. Help. «Hero!»
«I love you. Answer me».
«Yes!»
«Yes, what?»
«Yes! Yes, I'm your baby! Please stop!»
He stops
I take a deep breath.
«Sorry, but I love your laugh» he looks me in the eyes. «You should know that. I hope you haven't forgotten how much I love you...»
I look away and a slight smile appears on my lips.
He reaches out and moves my hair behind my ear. «God, how beautiful you are» he gives me a soft, long kiss.
«Come on, get dressed and let's go downstairs» I say when he leaves my mouth.
He puts on boxers and a pair of gray sweatpants.
«Are you going down like this?» I look at him from head to toe.
«As well as?» he asks confused.
I chuckle. «As you want».
«What's up? It's hot».
He kisses me on the forehead, takes my hand and we go downstairs. I feel butterflies in my stomach. He drives me crazy.