71. Jo

Today is the eve finally.
I put on a nice red dress, put on some makeup and styled my hair in a very nice way: a built-in half braid and the rest of the hair down, I really like it.
We have already set the table and Kathrine has put some Christmas music in the background. As soon as you enter the house you feel the atmosphere of Christmas, and your heart fills with joy.
Now we are waiting for this aunt, who still does not arrive.
I heard Hero only this morning, because I had a lot to do for the rest of the day. Anna called me and I also talked to Asher, he told me that he wants to come back to our house when I come back and that he wants to stay all weekend, I told him it would be great.
Mom and I are arranging the last things, but Kathrine and Dad are sitting on the sofa chatting.
My mother sighs at nine. "It's Christmas soon and Loren hasn't arrived yet..." she goes to pick up the phone and writes a message. "She said that she'll be late and that if we want we can start eating," she informs us.
"Lizzy," I love when my father calls her that, "let's eat, please."
She looks at him and smiles at him. Her nickname Lizzy reminds her of their college days, when my dad wooed her.
We sit down at the table, wish each other happy holidays and start eating the delicious fish.
"It's nice to be all together again," my mother suddenly says.
"Aww, that's right!" Kathrine hugs me in a not too tight hug. "I missed you so much."
My dad looks at us, in love with his daughters. We are a beautiful family.
We have already finished eating and we are still chatting sitting at the table, when exactly at 11:58 pm the doorbell rings.
We all look at each other for a moment and then Kath goes to open the door. "Come in!" I hear her exclaim.
I imagine Aunt Loren—
It can not be true. I'm dreaming.
"Merry Christmas."
I jump out of my chair and throw myself into his arms holding him very tightly. "Hero! Merry Christmas!" I burst into tears.
He looks at me smiling and kisses my forehead.
I can not believe. This is the best Christmas present in the world.
He giggles. "Hey, don't cry your makeup will drip and you look great like this." He takes my face in his hands.
I laugh crying, I look stupid, yes. "You are not real, it is not possible."
"Yes, I am. I'm exactly here. " He takes my hands and places them on his smooth, freshly shaved face.
He's here, he's right here.
But now he has moved away from me and approached my parents.
"Hello, Messrs. Langford. Merry Christmas to you too. Hero," and he shakes both's hands, my mother hugs him.
"It's nice to have you here, we're happy to finally meet you," she tells him.
He gives her a friendly smile as I sniff again.
My parents and my sister didn't seem surprised at all, so...
"Wait," I start to say, "you all knew that, didn't you?" I gesticulate towards them.
They look at me and burst out laughing, including Hero.
"So the aunt's story wasn't absolutely true? Not even an iota?" I ask, even if the question is stupid.
They all shake their heads laughing.
"Well, aren't you happy?" my sister tells me.
Am I happy? "Fuck— oh sorry! I'm so happy!" and I hug Hero again.
I need to kiss him, I don't give a damn about my parents watching us.
When I place a light but slow kiss on his lips, he lets himself be carried away, but then he remembers my mother and father, whom he sighs.
"What is it, Stephen?" my mother asks him.
"It's just... she's growing so fast."
A little laugh escapes me. "Dad, I'm 21, you know?" I tell him laughing.
"I know!" he laughs too.
My mom walks up to Hero and touches him on the shoulder. "Sit down and taste something, you'll be starved to death after the trip."
"Okay," he smiles at her and we all sit down again at the table. Me, of course, next to the dear Aunt Loren whom I love, that is Hero.
"Nice," my father says suddenly.
"Mhm? What?" I ask.
"This guy."
I roll my eyes and Hero chuckles. "Well, thanks."
"Jo," he turns to me "approved," and he pauses. Then he starts again, "But," he points a finger at Hero "don't marry her too soon!"
I open my eyes and Hero bursts out laughing. "No, don't worry, there is no such problem." And he glances at me.
I squeeze his thigh, tightly.
"Ouch!" he whispers, and I reach out to kiss him.
My father looks away every time and exchanges glances with Kathrine.
After some time, Mom returned with the meals a little while ago, unfortunately reheated, but they are fine anyway.
Hero eats while my parents fill him with questions.
"So your family lives in London?" they ask him.
He finishes chewing and says yes.
We all continue to chat happily together for quite a while even after eating dessert.
"Guys, it's two in the morning! Let's all go to bed and tomorrow we'll prepare a delicious barbecue in the garden," my mom tells us, and then she goes upstairs with dad saying goodnight.
"Well," Kath begins, placing her hands on her lap, "I'll go too. 'Night," and she goes away.
We are left alone, finalmente.
I am sitting on Hero's legs. Tonight he's really handsome: he has put on a white shirt, the jacket — which he is not wearing now — and the black pants.
I bring my face close to his and I can feel his breath. He looks me in the eye as I smile, and then says, "Do you know your eyes tell me a lot more than what you could say with your voice?"
"Yeah?" Our lips almost touch.
He nods his head yes. "They shine. You're not saying you love me, but your eyes are."
I kiss him, putting my hands on the back of his neck, and part his lips with my tongue. I take possession of his mouth and he of mine. "I missed you," I tell him.
As an answer, he makes me straddle him, takes me by the buttocks and he holds me closer to himself. "You too." Now his hands wrap my waist, and our bodies are becoming one.
I need him badly.