98. Hero

I'm so glad to have her back in my arms... Christ, it's like coming home after a long journey. Home is always home.
During that period of pause, after a few weeks I resigned myself, it would have been useless to feel sorry for us, but I do not deny that I missed her. Her scent, her breathing rhythm, her heartbeat... are essential to me. Trivial to say? Yes, but it's the fucking truth.

God. I swear I throw that phone out the window.
"Jo," I call her. "Turn off this fucking alarm."
I hear her snickering. There is nothing to laugh about, it is traumatic.
I move closer to her, putting my arm around her waist and support myself on my elbow looking down at her. "Sounds funny to you?" The alarm is still ringing.
She looks at me amused, she covers her mouth with one hand and tries to hold back the laughter, but then she bursts out laughing. "Sorry."
"Fuck it." I reach out for her and click «stop». "Finally," and I let myself fall beside her.
She turns to me. In my room there is a window through which the sunlight enters and illuminates the eyes of the most beautiful girl I know. It's difficult to describe their color. It is a delicate, crystal clear blue that drifts in the gray-blue. I don't know why, but this is the color that comes to mind.
"Why are you staring at me?" she asks. She looks like a baby.
I hadn't realized I was staring into her eyes, into her soul. "Think about it, the reason is always the same." I kiss her forehead.
She smiles, and blinks several times. "My eyes, right?"
I nod, tucking a lock of hair behind her ear.
She sighs. "I love yours. I could look at you in the eyes for hours without looking away even for a second." She strokes my cheekbone with her thumb. "I remember the first time I saw you I thought they were blue, then when we were going to our rooms and you said 'Room neighbors, then?' I realized they were green."
I love when she shares these memories with so much lightheartedness, because in fact they are naive, banal and premature memories, the beginning of us.
"They are neither blue nor green actually, it depends," I specify.
She giggles. "I know. And what does it depend on?"
I shrug. "Dunno, maybe on the light, or on my mood, who knows," and we laugh together.
She takes my face in her hands and looks at my lips. "Do you know that I missed you so much?"
"I don't know, you tell me." I raise my head a little and our lips almost touch. I feel her breath on my face.
"I missed you so much," she confirms, and she kisses me softly. Our lips are like a puzzle, they coincide perfectly.
"What did you miss most about me?" I ask her.
She furtively looks around. "Everything."
I let out a smile. "No, I want to know in detail. Tell me, what did you miss most about me?" I repeat the question.
She closes her eyes and thinks about it for a few seconds. She sighs before speaking, "Your voice in the morning, your hugs in bed, the cuddles," she chuckles "the kisses, your body..."
"Sex?" I interrupt her. She hates and adores at the same time when I speak so explicitly.
She rolls her eyes. "Hero! I was trying to be romantic."
I laugh. "Oh, okay. Go ahead with your sweetness," I make a disgusted face.
"Well, did you interrupt me? Now I won't go on with what I was going to say."
I snort. "Come on, baby, please. Continue."
She shakes her head. "No no, you asked for it," she shrugs. "I'm sorry."
"Fuck you."
She laughs, gives me one last kiss and gets up.
Today there is the copies signature. It will be crazy. We'll meet a lot of people, we'll talk in front of them, and Jo and I will have to do everything to not exchange glances that can be misunderstood. From this point of view, it will be a feat.
She is my woman and there is no time I don't look at her as if she were my whole world. When we are together we are in our world, others don't matter.