35. Hero

Arriving almost in front of the pharmacy, I tell Jo that perhaps it is better if we enter separately, someone might know us.
While she goes to the pharmacy, I stop to buy a pack of cigarettes nearby. I don't smoke a lot, but I've always enjoyed doing it.
"Hello," I say as I enter. I take a packet of the usual ones I smoke and pay. "Bye."
Going out the door I find Jessica, she is all in shot. Where is she going like this? She's off the shoulder, she's wearing a tight yellow sweetheart neckline dress and black high heels, plus a Michael Kors handbag.
"Hi! What are you doing here?" she exclaims, coming to hug me.
"Nothing, I'm with Josephine, we needed things from the pharmacy and I'm waiting for her," I explain.
"Oh, understood. Well, I need cigarettes," she chuckles when she sees me putting my pack in my pocket and walks into the small market that sells them.
"Here I am!" Jo exclaims with the pharmacy bag in hand, she stands up on tiptoe and gives me a quick kiss with ease. "You can go, I'll wait for you here."
Once in the pharmacy, I wait for my turn.
"Hi, how can I help you?" asks the pharmacist.
"Yeah, um, where are the contraceptives?" I look around and the pharmacist shows me where they are with a wave of his hand.
There are all kinds, but I need condoms.
Once taken, I go to the checkout with three XL packs of 12 each. I did the escort.
The pharmacist informs me of the price in a clearly effeminate tone and when he sees the size he shows a certain interest in me. Okay, either he's gay or both. Something like this has happened to me before and I laugh to think about it. Once a guy was flirting with me and I kept talking to him about how beautiful the girls at the party were, while he couldn't take his eyes off me. I get it, I know I have a certain charm, but honey, I don't like dicks. I chuckle to myself as I leave the pharmacy.
I don't believe it... Jo talking to Jessica? Impossible.
"Honey!" she pulls me to her from the shirt and kisses me.
"Should we go home? We have to do that thing..."
She understands what I mean, she smiles.
She nods. "Bye Jessica, it's been a pleasure," and she gives her the most fake smile I've ever seen on her face.
They hate each other, I guess.
"But what did you talk about?" I ask confused as we walk home.
"Oh, nothing, women's stuff," she giggles, she grabs my arm and leans it on her neck.
"Okay..."
Something is wrong...
It's better if nothing has been said that could upset her, we must try to get along as much as possible. But she's strange, I don't know, something makes me guess. I can't stand when I can't understand what she thinks, I go crazy.
On our way back we stopped at a few shops and she made lunch time.
Jo's phone rings as she looks in the mirror with a nice dress on.
"Hello?" she replies, I can't hear who she is. "Mhm... yes, okay, we are happy to come," she looks at me.
I already understand, we are invited to lunch by Anna. Good. I roll my eyes. "Do we have to?" I whisper.
She nods and I snort.
Fuck, I wanted to go home to do what I swore to her.
"Okay, bye," and she ends the call.
She goes back to the dressing room and starts putting on her clothes.
"So you take this?"
"Yes, I like it a lot."
It's a Burberry dress that costs around $ 650... fuck it, but it's a Burberry, I'll give it to her. On the other hand, for her birthday I had brought her literally a stupid thing.
We leave the shop, Jo is satisfied. "Thanks," she says, kissing my cheek.
"This is your 'missed' birthday present" we laugh together. "Do we have to go to Anna immediately?"
"Oh yes, it's already late."
"Okay, but when we get back you know what awaits us."
She nods, biting her lip, without looking at me.
***
"Guys! I missed you together!" Anna hugs us when she opens the front door.
"Hello, how are you?" there is also Jordan today, he'll have the day off.
"Good."
"Wow, what about this?" Anna tells Jo in surprise, pointing to her envelope that she is holding.
"His fault," she smiles at me.
"Well, the man is thoughtful," she laughs.
"I'll show you later."
Anna smiles happily.
We sit down at the table and start eating a good lunch while we talk about this and that.