17. Hero

«Good morning!» Anna welcomes us, intent on preparing breakfast.
«'Morning Anna. Mercy» Jo says good morning to her and my sister.
«Good morning Jo, 'morning little brother» and she kisses me on the cheek. «You've had a nice awakening, I bet...»
«Normal» I just reply by massaging the back of my neck and while Jo looks at me embarrassed.
Mercy grins. «No, because... you know we're all in the same house and...»
«Oh Mercy! Just because you heard something you have to embarrass them! Leave them alone, they're old enough and they can fuck as much as they want.»
Oh my God, what an awkward speech.
«Mhm, yes... What are you preparing, Anna?» Jo asks to escape the lecture Anna was about to give my sister.
Anna, in response, smiles and telling us to sit down she puts in front of us a plate of pancakes with cream, syrup and blueberries, scrambled eggs and bacon.
«Oh my God, Anna I love you, thanks!» I exclaim, putting a forkful of pancakes in my mouth.
«I like to cook in the morning.»
I have to borrow the car today. «Listen, would you lend me your car today? I also take it to wash, it needs it.»
She carelessly and her mouth full replies: «Yes, I don't have to go out today, what time do you need it?»
Jo looks at me perplexed and curious.
«I'll explain you later» I whisper. «Oh yes, I need it at five but I'll take it to wash at half past two» I answer Anna.
«Perfect, the keys are on the cabinet next to the door, but be careful... and then you explain what you have to do.»
I smile.
We finish breakfast and then go upstairs.
«Tonight» I start saying to the woman of my life as I take a T-shirt from my suitcase, «I'll take you out for dinner.»
She whirls around, waving her hair and smiling at me, «Oooh, why?»
«To celebrate.»
She looks at me confused. «Celebrate what?»
«You'll find out» I smile.
She pretends to smell something. «I smell the surprise... what are you hiding from me?»
I chuckle. «Pfff, do you think I'm the type who creates surprises?»
«Yes» she says as she approaches me and then kisses me.
«Me?»
«Yes you
«We'll see» I take her on my shoulder and gently drop her onto the bed.
She laughs. How much I love that laugh, if one day I no longer hear it I would be lost...

After a quick lunch I go out, say goodbye to Jo, tell her that I will be back by five, take the keys and go out.
The car wash is not far from the house, so I leave the car there and walk to the apartment. Outside the front door is a middle-aged woman. She greets me and then she shows me which are the keys to the main door and the normal door. After ten floors of the lift we arrived. The lady tells me to follow her.
Once in front of the door she says to me: «Open».
I enter and am amazed. It's beautiful. There is a window overlooking the city, the evening here will be magnificent. A large enough sofa in the same room.  Who knows what it's like to fuck here, in front of this view and on this sofa in our house.
Hero, focus.
The lady shows me the bathroom, the kitchen, all the dishes, how the dishwasher and washing machine works, how the air conditioners are turned on, and the lights that can be changed from bright to dim.  Gorgeous, she will like her for sure.
After the visit, I go to the nearby market to do some shopping. Anna thinks so much about us, it is right that someone help her and I want to prepare lemon pie these days.
So let's see the ingredients I wrote in the notes... Flour, sugar, seed oil, lemon zest, baking powder for cakes, eggs, milk, vanillin, limoncello (I don't know if I buy it)... how much stuff. I can do it. I prepare it the day after tomorrow, just before my sister leaves.  And, if I can brag for a moment, I've to say that I'm good at cooking... my dear Jo, you have found the perfect man. When ever. Well, let's move on.
I have some drinks, some fish... I want to prepare a spectacular lunch, yes.
Okay, now that I've spent almost a hundred dollars on food and the car is ready, I can go home and lay everything down, otherwise I'll break the eggs ahead of time and in this heat everything rots in less than an hour.

«What the...» Jo puts down her cup of tea and comes to help me with the bags. «What the hell did you buy?»
«Shopping» I say out of breath, placing the bags on the table.
«I guessed, but what do you have to cook?»
«Fish in the fridge, with milk and eggs...»
«Yeah okay, fish in the fridge, but are you listening to me?»
I thought out loud. «The day after tomorrow I want to surprise you all» I smile with pleasure.
«But... are you sure the fish can stay until the day after tomorrow?»
«Sure, you're talking to an expert.»
«Okay...» she is confused. «You're weird today, by the way.»
«Why?»
«I have the impression that you are hiding something from me...» she walks towards the fridge.
«If it were, you don't have to worry about it.»
She puts her hands on my chest. «Mhm... can I trust you?»
«Sure you can, you have to trust me, believe me!» I giggle.
She kisses me. «Okay, I trust you.»
«Perfect!» I pick her up and whirls her in the air.  «We'll be very happy in two days, rest assured.»
«Who told you?» she laughs.
«Nobody, but I already know» and I kiss her forehead.
I am more than sure that she will be surprised and she will be so happy, I would do anything to see her smile and make her happy.