43. Jo

November 1, 2018.

We spent a wonderful month, we were in perfect harmony, no tragedy, apart from some stupid bickering, a perfect "live together".
We invited Anna, Asher and Jordan for the first time here at our house a few days ago. Hero cooked a wonderful dinner.
Then Ash fell asleep on the sofa and in order not to wake him up, since the next day was Sunday, he stayed to sleep with us. Hero took him in his arms and carried him to our bed, he slept between us. Every now and then he moved so much that his legs landed on my belly. Hero laughed and moved him gently. The next morning we made him some chocolate cupcakes — Hero made them, I just helped him — and he woke up with the house smelling of sweets. He came to hug us and ate two of them smearing his face.
"Look at me! I have a mustache!" Ash laughed merrily.
Hero and I shook our heads at the same time, then I wiped his bungler's lips with a napkin.
Anna came to get him around noon.
"When can I come back?" Ash asked with a sad face.
Hero leaned down and told him, "Whenever you want."
Asher hugged him and nearly made him fall backwards.
"He loves you," Anna whispered to us, closing the door behind her.
After they were gone, I patted Hero on the back, saying, "You can do it better than me maybe."
He chuckled and grabbed me by the hips. "That's for sure," he said teasing me and then kissed me gently.
I realized that Hero would be the best dad in the world. At that moment, I smiled thinking about it as he kissed me.
He asked me why I smiled and I simply said I was happy, and I really was, even now I am.

It's 7:30 p.m. and Hero is rolling out the pizza that he kneaded in the pan in the afternoon. His phone rings.
"Love, who is it?"
I'm going to check. "Felix."
"You answer."
Felix is ​​one of the nicest friends of him.
I answer.
"You piece of shit, it's your birthday in eight days what are you going to do?"
I burst out laughing.
"Jo?" he says confused.
"Hi Felix!" I exclaim laughing.
"Oh, I'm so sorry!"
"It doesn't matter."
"Anyway, you gave him the..." he means the tickets to London.
"Not yet."
"What is he doing, can you pass me to that asshole?" he chuckles.
"He's doing... wait, let's Face Time."
I convert the call to Face Time and see Hero putting the sauce on the pizza.
"Fuck, I miss the pizzas you used to make!"
"You miss me, admit it," Hero tells him.
"Maybe, but I'll leave you with the doubt. We have a great time even without you."
"Assholes," he says in a low voice while he pours a drizzle of oil on the sauce.
Felix continues, "But I bet you're having a good time too, tell me no, come on."
"Mh, I can't complain," he replies, glancing at me.
"Listen, dude, what are you going to do for your birthday? Get organized."
Inside of me, I thank Felix for bringing up the subject. Later I'm going to give him tickets.
"I don't know... any ideas?" he asks turning to me.
I shrug.
They talk a little longer and Felix tells him the latest updates from their group of friends, parties, quarrels, new loves...
"Jo, will you frame me?" he asks me.
"Here I am."
He wants to be framed while he bakes the pizza to make Felix gnaw.
It looks great.
"Come on, fuck it, you're an asshole, bye," and he ends the call on purpose.
Hero laughs. "Call that idiot."
Before he can do that, he calls back directly.
"Jo, jokes aside, can I tell you something?" Felix asks me.
I go and sit on the sofa and look at the view. "Sure."
"I'm happy for him, and for you too. I swear to you, he has changed a lot in my opinion. We didn't talk that much, but he told me a lot about you. Trust me, he won't let you escape, he won't let it. "
I smile. "You believe?"
"Of course. He is like this: when he cares about something, he puts all of himself to do it properly, or in this case, to make someone happy."
If his best friend says so, then he can be trusted.
"He is a great friend, and he has a big heart, he's always been there in times of need. I never tell him these things, we don't usually tell each other, but I really think them. And don't tell him I told you!" he laughs.
"Thank you. I don't tell him, don't worry," I chuckle too.
"What don't you have to tell me?" asks Hero.
"Nothing important."
"You're fantastic. Now I have to go, bye!" and he hangs up the call.
I leave Hero's phone on the table and go to him, I lean back against the counter.
"The pizza is in the oven," he tells me as he approaches and puts his arms around my hips.
"Well, I'm hungry". I give him a kiss on the nose and he shows off that half smile with the dimple.
He'll like the surprise, I'm sure.