84. Jo

In the morning I woke up again with my head resting on Hero's chest, I was curled up next to him. He had relaxed facial features, he was beautiful. I was dying to kiss him, just touching his lips with mine would have been enough for me. But I couldn't, absolutely. At that point I put a hand through his hair and gently moved it backwards.
"Good morning," he said suddenly, his voice thick with sleep.
I gasped and immediately took my hand away. But he took it and put it back in his hair.
"Jo, it's useless. We could never forget what happened between us, you know."
I knew it very well.
I was massaging his head when I said in a low voice, "But I don't want to forget it."
He smiled slightly and closed his eyes. "How do you feel?" he asked me after a few minutes — which I spent stroking his slightly rough skin of his face. I had let myself be carried away a little, yup.
I sighed. "I still feel my head popping..."
"Fuck, me too."
He opened his eyes and looked at me, bit his lip lightly.
"What's up?" I tilted my head to one side and smiled.
He licked his lips. "Your eyes."
I frowned at him and looked around furtively. "My eyes? What?"
"They are bluer than usual, they look like two oceans of crystalline water, they are almost... green water," he explained to me, with his gaze lost in my marine eyes.
The sun was coming in through the window and I felt it pointed in my face. With natural light it is true that my eyes take on a lighter, clearer shade of blue. When I was a teenager I loved photographing them in sunlight.
"Can I take a picture of you?" he asked me, as if he were reading my mind.
I rolled my eyes.
"Please!"
"Okay, that's fine."
In the end I granted it to him.
He took the phone out of his pocket in a millisecond and took a couple of photos of me. Well, maybe not a couple, at least ten!
"Okay, that's enough now," and I took the cell phone from his hands and gave it back to him immediately afterwards.
I rested my head on his shoulder and we looked at the photos together. They really looked like two oceans of pure and crystalline water, you would have seen the bottom up to hundreds of meters underwater.
He looked at me from the sly, but I felt his eyes on me, so I looked at him. "You're creepy..." I said jokingly, and he laughed. "What are you laughing! You stare at me as if I were an alien!"
He opened his eyes wide. "What? No!" and he burst out laughing again. Our belly ached from laughter, we also had tears in our eyes. It was good to laugh like that after what we had been through a few weeks ago. It had been very little, but it seemed to me that at least a year had passed... I have not understood anything about the time since I met this guy. I have no idea what it is anymore.
We took deep breaths and stopped giggling like fools. I sat up a little more straight and leaned my back against the armrest of the sofa. Hero looked at me lying down, the sunlight illuminated his green eyes, which were now more blue than green.
"What color are your eyes?" I asked him out of nowhere.
He gave a hint of a smile and then said, "Green is written on the identity card, but in reality no one knows."
I liked this thing, I found it unique.
He continued to look at me for a long time, until I felt a little uncomfortable and I put a lock of hair behind my ear.
"Do you want to know why I stare at you?"
I remained silent.
"Not because you are an alien, but because I find you more beautiful than before..."
I didn't know what to say, so I just looked away for a moment and gave him a shy smile.
He sat down next to me. "How long have we not seen each other? Two weeks?"
"More or less yes," I replied.
"Well, in such a short time you changed."
It was absolutely not true. Maybe it was because he missed me that he found me different.
"You too."
He ran a hand through his hair. "Nah, I just cut my hair."
I laughed. "I haven't literally touched a hair, I'm the same."
He grinned.
"Why are you making that face?" I didn't understand.
"You didn't touch... a hair?"
I rolled my eyes. "I can't believe you really thought that, you're insane!" I gave him a light punch on the shoulder. "You remained the same, from this point of view."
He shook his head and rested it on my shoulder.
I felt a weight on my shoulders in the true sense of the word, but that was one of the few times I didn't want to get rid of it.