51. Hero

"How long the fuck!" Evan pats me on the shoulder and hugs me.
Felix does the same thing, Valand, Morgz, Alex too...
"Oh my God, wait. Josephine?" Valand looks at that beautiful blonde girl.
"Yeah, but call me Jo please." She walks up to him and he tells her his name is Valand and gives her a slightly long hug, but when I look into his eyes I realize there's nothing to worry about.
"Felix! Hi, how strange to see you!"
"Jo! How are you?" and he gives her a knowing look. I'm fine that they have a good friendship, I appreciate that.
"And you should be... Evan, right? The colored-haired boy," she points to him and they smile at each other.
"Yes, I guess it's me."
"You told her about us then, well done." Alex slaps me in the face, I hate it when he does.
"Don't consider yourselves so important now..." I say to those crazy friends of mine, the only ones I trust.
"Mhm, sure as if it wasn't like that. After all, deep down, he loves us," Morgz turns to Jo.
"Yes, I think so," she chuckles.
"Are you having fun?" Felix asks her.
"A lot, your friend is an excellent tour guide I must say," and points to me.
"Oh, shut up." I roll my eyes and she laughs.
My bros keep asking her a lot of questions, teasing me and saying they miss the time we lived together.
"Have you all lived together? I didn't know, it must have been fun."
It occurs to me that I have never told her this detail of my life here in London, it had escaped me.
"Oh yes! We had a party or two a week, Valand would shoot his vlogs but he never uploaded them because... well, he couldn't." Felix cuts him short, and that's better.
But Alex continues. Shit, Jo doesn't need to know the details.
"Guys, do you remember when this bastard" he glances at me "was sitting on the couch surrounded by I don't know how many half-naked bitches?"
He is talking too much.
"Fuck, right! I had this thing removed."
Jo looks irritated and she glares at me, from the series, to say, "Are they serious?"
"Chantal—"
"Well, where are we going?" I change the subject. It's the wrong time to blow Chantal's name out.
They know more or less what happened, but I know for sure that the topic didn't come out on purpose, sometimes they talk without thinking, that's how they are.
"Anyone who wants fish and chips raise your hand!" Morgz proposes.
Jo immediately raises her hand and my friends and I look at each other and with a look we say, "Let's do what she wants to do for today."
"We're in for fish and chips then."
When we arrived at the restaurant it's three thirty in the afternoon and we have finished eating for a good half hour.
"We need to go around five," Jo whispers in my ear.
"Why?" I ask confused.
"We go out to dinner tonight."
"Ah, so you want to go on the London Eye?"
"Tomorrow."
I don't understand why not today, what's the matter?
Anyway, I tell her it's okay with me.
Her phone vibrates just around five as we are chatting to each other.
I can only see that Khadijha has sent her a message, but I cannot read because my friends are getting my attention.
"You're distracted, dude. Would you like a summary of what we've talked about in the last half hour?" Felix takes the piss out of me.
"Actually... we have to go." Jo gives him a kind smile and she stands up, they give her an equally understanding one.
"Oh, sure. See you," and they say bye with a wave of the hand.
"They're great, you know?" she confesses walking out the door after paying our bill.
"Maybe yes," I giggle.
They're not bad actually, but a little talkative, sometimes they make me dizzy when we're all together.
My favorite is always Felix, he's calm and reserved, just like me.
"But Felix is ​​the best."
Did you just read my mind, Jo?
"You're right."

Jo decided to wear an elegant blue lace bodysuit with short V-neckline and black ankle boots with a little heel. She put on her makeup, fixed the waves in her hair and parted it to the side.
I wore blue jeans, slightly ripped, a white turtleneck t-shirt and black snickers. I put my hair back by wetting it with a little water.
She used the telephone especially today, which is unusual...
"You ready?" she asks when she slips the phone into the gold clutch.
"Yes, shall we go with my car?"
She raises her eyebrows and shakes her head as she walks past me through the door. "Oh, no no, I called an Uber."
I look strange. "Why—"
"Sh, don't ask and let's go." She takes my hand and pulls me out.
"You don't need to pull me like this, baby."
She stops to look at me, tilts her head and smiles defiantly. "Sure."
I know she refers to the fact that I said "baby". Sounds strange to me too. When we fuck, I instinctively call her that and she likes it, but under normal circumstances it almost never happens.
"Yeah, sure. You're my baby even when we are not... fucking," I lower my voice on the last word, we are in the corridors of the hotel.
She giggles and takes me by the hand.
This is going to be the best birthday of my life.