Chapter 35

(Warning: This chapter is loaded with photos. I hope you don't mind, they are necessary.)

Taehyung opened the passenger door for Koo and help him to sit on his seat. They are going back to their home after a long day. He slides into the driver's seat, buckling the seat belt across his chest as Koo settles in his seat with a soft sigh. After turning on the engine Taehyung speaks," It's good that we dropped bunnies and tannie to Mom's apartment till Oreo's delivery or we will not be able to take care of them fully."

Taehyung said and turned his eyes to see jungkook looking outside of the window. So He tries again," Am I Right, babybun?"

"Hmm" Koo hummed as the reply still not averting his gaze from the window.

Taehyung glanced at him again finding his wife's behaviour slightly off. Ever since he came back from the parking lot to his office, He felt a weird silence between them, jungkook was doing his work silently in his office, replying taehyung here and there with one word when he asked something from him.

But taehyung didn't think much about it as jungkook's final exams are near maybe he was focusing on his studies. But right now anyone can notice the elephant in the room.

The drive to their home is thick with tension that taehyung is sure the air inside the car is suffocating them both. He sees how Jungkook's hands are crossed against his torso, how his glossy lips are pressed in a thin line. He is thinking of something intensely. Taehyung knows his baby's little mannerisms. But he doesn't know exactly what he is thinking.

"Shouldn't a driver focus on the road while driving?" Jungkook asked, now looking straight to the road.

Taehyung chuckles awkwardly and said a small 'Yeah' before focusing on the road.

The younger keeps quit as taehyung parks the car in the parking lot of their building. Even the elevator ride to their apartment is filled with a heavy silence.

Taehyung feeds the password and with a clicking sound, the door is opened. They entered their home. Taehyung put his briefcase on the couch and said," I am going to take a warm shower. Do you wanna jo-?" He gulped his words when he saw jungkook already went towards the kitchen without considering his words.

The elder tongues the inside of his cheek, lips soon turning into a pout as he walked to their room. Jungkook never behaves like this maybe he is tired.

Taehyung takes his time under the shower as warm water is healing his stiff muscles, it feels nice. He turns off the shower and dries himself with the towel, his arms muscles are flexing with his hand movements.

He decides to put on a pair of white pyjamas with a muddy brown sweater over it and his eyes were hurting from looking at the laptop all day so he put his usual glasses too and left the room.

As he stepped down the stairs, it hits him, the heavenly aroma of dishes coming from the kitchen. The small grumble in his stomach pulls him towards the kitchen automatically. He gets surprised for what he saw.

 He gets surprised for what he saw