Chapter 40

Jungkook's heart was beating out of his chest. His eyes never became the witness of this moment, until now, the moment where his hubby is loudly sobbing over his neck, his trembling figure pushing himself more into jungkook like he wants to close the distance between their skin.

And then he feels taehyung's body starts getting heavy. Jungkook hugged him more tightly so that he can prevent his husband to collapse on the floor.

His back slides on the wall till his bottom touches the floor, jungkook sits on the floor with taehyung still crying in his arms. At this point, jungkook is terrified of what he has caused.

Every rigid breath of taehyung was making a hole in jungkook's heart.

Jungkook parted his legs so that his husband could get comfortable in between them. Jungkook is confused and feeling guilty. He caused him pain. He caused his hubby pain, he made him cry.

His eyes start glittering with tears, his hands were going up and down on taehyung's back, a little attempt to make his cries quiet.

"H-hyungie. Shh"

Their legs were tangled up in a puzzle but neither of them cares about it.

"Please look at me." Jungkook tries again. He bit on his tongue to stop his own sobs, God please what is happening.

His right hand reaches up to taehyung's golden brown locks while the other one still rubbing his back.

"Talk to me please. Hubby?"

Slowly Jungkook pries taehyung's face away from his neck, his hand cupping one side of taehyung's face.

Taehyung's eyes were closed in pain, his tear-stained cheeks and quivering lips were enough for jungkook to tear up too. He wiped taehyung's tears with his sweater paws and ran his nose over the red area under his eyes. He rubbed his own cheeks on taehyungs ones to make him feel his presence.

"Open your eyes. See? I'm here....with you." Jungkook said and stroke some of taehyung's hair away from his forehead, they were probably irritating taehyung's wet eyes.

Taehyung took a shaky breath before he opened his eyes and looked at the younger, his eyes welled up again seeing his babybun's worried eyes.

Jungkook was quick to wipe them again.

Jungkook moves closer and stared into his hubby's unfocused eyes. Taehyung leans in the touch of jungkook's hands that were holding his face and muzzle into them.

"D-don't d-do that again, I beg you p-please." The golden-brown hair boy spoke, his voice sounds weak and rough cause of constant crying.

Jungkook shakes his head obediently," I won't. I could n-never."

" I was so s-scared....scared that you will not come back to me...just like..l-like my parents. You will leave me alone too...just like them...please no. Don't leave me. Please Petal?" He gripped jungkook's hands over his cheek.

And Jungkook understands what was taehyung implying and he felt so stupid to not inform the older about his absence. His husband was scared, he must have felt like jungkook would never come back again. Suddenly, the conversation between him and Mrs Kim come back to his mind, where she told him how taehyung became after his parent's death, how the poor boy suffered from loneliness.

Jungkook pressed their foreheads together and sighed," I am s-sorry. I am so sorry hubby. But I will not do that again, I promise. Look at me. I'm fine and I'm here. I love you more than anything in this world. You meant the whole world to me."

Taehyung look up into his eyes and his voice sounds so broken when he asked," P-promise?"

Jungkook nodded his head and pressed a lingering kiss on the older boy's forehead. Both shut their eyes closed as they save this moment in their heart. Tears were trailing down on jungkook's cheeks but he wants to show his hubby that what he is saying is true and will be a truth for forever.