Chapter 8

VeronicaStyles: Flirty @VictoriasSecret

3,500,000 likes ~ 14,000 comments

---

In a midst of fury, I grab my youngest son by the arm before pulling his tiny body over to mine.

"You better behave." I angrily tell him as he scrunches his face up. "Oliver, I mean it."

"Go away." He struggles to get out of my grip. "GO AWAY!"

"I HAVE HAD ENOUGH!" I snap at him and he looks at me in surprise. "If you carry on misbehaving then you are going time out then straight to bed."

My son looks at me in complete shock.

"Try me again, I dare you." He goes to open his mouth and I narrow my eyes at you. "Go sit down besides Alexander, I don't want to hear another word from you."

All morning I have been trying to prep for fashion week but my youngest child has been misbehaving like crazy. I understand that we are in a new environment but his attitude has got to go. 

Harry and I have come to a common place in terms of disciplining our children but the issue is that they don't listen. Harry doesn't want me giving so much as a slap to the hand to the boys and I'm trying to respect his opinion.

I will be attending a dinner later tonight and Oliver-James has destroyed my dress. Not only did he use all of his crayons on the dress that cost $5,000 but he ripped the straps and lace. 

I don't know where the fuck Harry was when all of this was taking place but I am pissed and stressed. Fashion week is stress enough but having two kids and an absent husband present throughout it all takes it to another level. 

 "Mummy." I look down at Alexander who is pulling on my hand. "It's all going to be alright."

I smile at my beautiful five year old as I bend down to his height.

"Thanks baby, mummy needed to hear that." I cup his face before pressing my lips to his forehead. "Why don't you go play while mummy looks for something to wear."

"Ok." He pecks my lips before running off to his brother who is waiting for him with the tablet in hand.

I really need my mum here.

Since the boys are preoccupied with Paw Patrol, I head to my closet to start looking for clothes to wear. We recently bought an apartment in New York so I don't have a full wardrobe here which means that my outfit options are limited.

"Fuck my life." I sigh in frustration as I start throwing clothes to the ground. In the midst of going through everything that I have, the boys made their way into my closet and they are casually laying on a Oscar de la Renta dress while they watch Paw Patrol on the tablet.

They look so cute that I pull out my phone and I start taking pictures of them before sharing it on my instagram story.

My boys may stress me out but I would not trade them in for the world. For as long as I live, Alexander and Oliver-James have a place in my heart.

"Sorry mom." I look at Oliver-James who is smiling up at me. "Love you."

"I love you too baby." I smile back at him before turning to Alexander who was previously whispering in his ear. "I love you, Alex."

"Love you mummy." He responds and I almost laugh at the sound of his British accent which is a huge contrast to Oliver-James' American accent. 

---

Not having the time to call upon a stylist, I settled on wearing an outfit that I wore both. I have no issues with wearing the same clothes but I already know that it is going to make the news.

Harry showed up at the same time as my glam team and to say that I was pissed is an understatement. He has really ruined my mood but my sons made up for it by telling me how much they were going to miss me.

"Yay, Veronica's here." Martha smiles as she stands up to hug me. "We didn't know if you were going to make it."

I fake a laugh as I go to greet Jasmine Tookes and Sara Sampaio. Once I have taken my seat, we all order our drinks and food before we spend the next thirty minutes catching up on eachother's lives.

 Once I have taken my seat, we all order our drinks and food before we spend the next thirty minutes catching up on eachother's lives

As we eat, I find myself reminiscing on the life that I used to live before I had kids. My life is so different now and I have had to make so many sacrifices to my personal life to ensure that my kids had a present mum in their lives.

"This is nice." Martha smiles at me. "It's been so long since we've last had a meal together."

Her words trigger something in me and I put my cutlery down as I pick up a napkin.

"Are you ok?" Jasmine looks at me in concern and I nod my head before shaking it.

"I feel like crying." I laugh to stop myself from crying but it does nothing. "Shit."

The girls wrap their arms around me as I begin to cry into my hands.

"It's ok, mami." Sara kisses my hand. "Just let it all out, it's alright."

"What's going on?" Jasmine asks me as I wipe my tears away. "What's making you feel like this?"

"My life." I answer honestly. "I love my kids so much but I have given up so much of my personal time to accommodate being a working mum. I have a husband who lives his life regardless and being here with you guys is making me realise how much I have missed."

"There's nothing wrong with showing your vulnerable side." Jasmine tells me. "We are always ready to fly out to Beverly Hills or just spend time with you and the kids wherever you are."

"Thanks guys." I sniffle.

"We love your sons." Martha moves my hair out of my face. "They're like our sons. When you need a break, we can do a girls trip and you leave the boys with their dad. You're a young mom and having kids doesn't mean that your life has to stop."

"If Harry isn't stepping up to the plate..." Sara pulls a face. "Then you know you have options."

"I know." I sigh. "I'm sorry, I'm totally ruining the dinner."

"No, you're not." They all say to me and I smile at them.

"Anyways since your baby daddy is at home with the kids, you can come to Manhattan with us." Martha wiggles her brows at me. "There's a pre fashion week party going on and we know you want to go."

"Alright." I nod my head. "Let's do it."