Chapter 19

Posted 5 hours ago 

Posted 5 hours ago 

VeronicaSwanepoel: My brother is super talented. He's currently in Africa and I miss him loads, can't wait to see him again. 

2,000,848 likes ~ 22,382 comments

---

I'm currently attending an event alone. It's a cover party, where someone is on the cover of a magazine, the magazine throws them a party. This is actually for Elsa Hosk who was on the recent cover of Harpar's Bazaar and it was absolutely gorgeous. 

Harry was supposed to come with me but Ephraim wasn't feeling too good, so Harry stayed behind. My mother is currently filming a new project with my father who is directing it and the twins are currently in the studio with Beyonce's label. 

"VERONICA OVER HERE!"

"LOOK HERE!"

"VERONICA FACE ME!" 

Since I'm completely topless under my blazer which doesn't have a button, I use my hand to keep it together. I know that some of these paparazzi and reporters are trying to get me to flash them.

 I know that some of these paparazzi and reporters are trying to get me to flash them

I pose for a few more minutes before answering a few questions and then heading in. 

A song by Elle Lex is playing in the background and I dance to it as I make my way over to some of my model friends. I end up spending half an hour mingling with some of the guests before spotting Phoebe Palomino who is my absolute fave. 

"Pretty pretty girl." I sing as I slide my way over to her. "You look stunning Pheebs."

"And you are slaying as per usual

"And you are slaying as per usual." We catch up for a few minutes before the director of the issue makes a huge speech about the magazine, what they represent, why they chose Elsa for this month and how much it has meant to them. I won't say that I really cared because something else caught my attention while he was talking. 

Barbara is here.

"Whatever happens, don't forget that you are pregnant." Phoebe mutters before sipping her wine. "There are also a lot of photographers here."

"I won't fight her." I say before walking over to Barbara and Carine Roitfeld. Phoebe follows behind before stopping at the bar and socialising with the people there. "Carine, Barbara."

"Beautiful Veronica." Carine steps forward before kissing my cheeks three time. "Come, we must capture this moment."

"Yes, we must because some of our faces won't be looking as pretty as yours." I say while giving her a sweet smile.

"Viens." Carine says to a female photographer who happens to be walking by. Once the photographer spots us, her face brightens up once she realises who we are. "Come take a picture of me and my beautiful filles."

"Of course." She lifts the camera up and starts snapping away.

" She lifts the camera up and starts snapping away

"One more." Carine says and I turn to the side, still facing the camera. 

"Parfait

"Parfait." Carine comments once she looks at the images while I just stare at Barbara who is being oddly quiet. 

I look back at Phoebe who takes the cue, she comes and begins to speak with Carine in French. They eventually walk off so that Carine can explain more about the issue and etc.

I turn to Barbara, "What are you playing at?"

"I don't know what you're talking about." She innocently replies.

"Don't fuck with me. Harry is my soon to be husband." Her face pales at my words, "I don't care if you want to get with Niall, get with him and stay out of Harry's way. I already got you off the shoot and I won't hesitate to do it for several more."

She sighs deeply. 

"I am sorry, Veronica." She flips her hair to the other side. "I know that I have been pushing my luck and being completely disrespectful to your relationship."

"Then why do it?"

"Because you are a legend, Veronica. At such a young age, you have done so much and I don't think you realise just how much people idolise you." I roll my eyes at her words. "Ok, I deserve that but I'm not after Harry anymore, I do want to be with Niall."

"Then get with him by yourself, you are a grown ass woman." I hiss. "Just because I'm pregnant, it doesn't mean that I won't beat your ass. I ended my relationship over this and I won't do it again." 

"I am sorry, truly." She gives me a faint smile. "I know that you don't trust me but I hope that we can discuss this again if necessary and work towards moving forward."

"What are you?" She looks at me shocked. "My fucking therapist."

"I... I.. ju-just..." I cut her off with my laughter.

"I'm kidding. We can discuss this another time with Harry." My smile drops, "Make the wrong move and your time with Victoria's Secret will be done. Understood?"

"Understood." She gulps and I smile again.

"Now, let's enjoy this party." I slightly nudge her out of the way as I go to mingle with the other guests.