Chapter 10

Harry returned home within the hour and it only pissed off my mum. I can verify that this picture was taken today since Harry is still sporting the same fit.

The first thing that my mum did was cuss him out in Afrikaan, he wasn't ready for that especially when she switched to Lingala. 

"What's going on?" Harry asks as he looks between us.

I don't answer as I look at Ephraim who is playing on my tablet, having the time of his life.

"Does Miss Palvin excite you?" My mum asks while raising one brow at him and crossing her arms.

"What do you mean?" Harry looks confused so I pull out my phone and chuck it towards him.

"Why would you take a picture with her?" I look at him hurt, "knowing that she likes you. Heck, you both look pretty cozy there."

"It's just a picture."

My mum narrows her eyes at him. "My daughter's feelings are hurt and you know how I feel about my children."

"This is all a misunderstanding, Charlize." He tries to explain but my mum silences him with the hand.

"It's Mrs Swanepoel to you." She corrects before taking a step forward. "Harry you know who I am and you know what I can do. If I find out that you have stepped outside of this relationship then trust and believe me when I say that you will have no further contact with Veronica. If you wish to see your children then you shall do so, through me or through the courts."

"V?" He looks at me but I look away.

"Don't fuck with my children and you certainly will not fuck with my daughter if I see her hurt again." She stops being the ice queen as she turns to Ephraim. 

"MAMA!" Ephraim shout motioning for her to come play, I watch as a smile covers her face as she runs over to him, engulfing him in a hug.

---

Harry and I were stepping out for a Dolce & Gabbana show, we had to make up before leaving. My mum always taught us to never leave the house angry with eachother or sleep without having made up. This is because not everyday or second is promised so I would never want to say something hurtful to Harry then something tragic happens. 

"Are you mad?" I ask Harry as we are being photographed by the paparazzi, he honestly looks pissed and I don't want to end up on the news for the wrong reason.

"Talk about an ambush." He curtly responds.

"It's your own, why would you be out here getting cozy with another woman?" I look down so that they won't capture my emotions. "How do you think that makes me feel?"

"VERONICA YOU ARE STUNNING!" A young male shouts and I smile up at him

"Thank you."

"SEXIEST WOMAN ALIVE!" A pap shouts and Harry runs his hands through his hair, frustrated by the whole situation. 

"WE LOVE YOU!"

"HARRY!"

"IS HARRY CHEATING WITH BARBARA?"

We finally get to the show, we decide to make a brief appearance on the carpet before heading inside

We finally get to the show, we decide to make a brief appearance on the carpet before heading inside. This year they decided to mimic the MET gala set up, so the celebrities will pose for pictures before walking up the steps, we will then be seated up top and watch as the models do their thing.

Due to this they've given everyone an hour to do all of this and get settled seeing as the models will be doing their walks on these very steps. Those who are late will be refused entry, it is what it is.

As soon as we get on the carpet I pose on the carpet with Harry for a few minutes but he is acting like an ass so I decide to do the rest of walk alone because he is working on my nerves.

"You are beautiful." I hear someone say, I turn to smile at the person who just happens to be Miley.

" I hear someone say, I turn to smile at the person who just happens to be Miley

"Thank you so much." I respond and she comes besides me, she is wearing a black Stella McCartney deep plunge dress. We pose together for a few minutes before she gives me a hug.

"Sexy mama." She says one last time before she heads up the steps. I laugh as she does a cute little dance on the steps. 

I spot Behati and Lais so we pose together for several pictures before I feel myself starting to get tired. I hear an announcement being made which I am grateful for so I begin making my way up the steps. 

"I'm sorry." I hear Harry's deep voice interrupt my train of thoughts, I look up at him and he wraps an arm around my waist as we walk up the steps. "It's all just a misunderstanding."

"What's the misunderstanding?" I ask while faking a smile for the cameras. 

"We were at the Fendi show like I told you." I nod my head, "I was posing for pictures on the chair and she just happened to join in. I didn't want to come off as an ass and push her off while being photographed. I didn't ask you to marry me for the sake of it."

"Yeah well, you really hurt my feelings." I sigh, "You got jealous at the fact that I dated Rafael in the past and you know how Barbara feels for you, heck the whole world does."

"You don't have to be jealous. I think that you both have miscommunicated this whole thing, I feel that you guys should sit down and have a conversation." 

I pull a face at him.

"I'm serious, she's honestly not all that bad." I move out of his grip as we reach the seats, we locate our names before taking a seat.

"I know she's not a bad person, she's really sweet but I don't care for her to be public professing her love for you to the whole world. If she has a crush on you, cute but keep it to yourself." I roll my eyes before lifting my finger up, "You are taken, remember that."