Chapter 20

VeronicaStyles: cosy

2,100,000 likes ~ 8,000 comments

---

The second that are marriage fell apart, we gave up on the YouTube channel that we started which seems so cliche. The last video shared on the channel is from my return to Victoria's Secret which seems like a lifetime ago but we never got round to filming anything else due to the strains in our marriage. 

I have thought about filming a life update or something fashion related but I know that people will have questions about Harry. We are rarely spotted out together and I have stopped posting him on my social media pages so I'm always being bombarded with questions about him. 

"This feels so weird." Elle comments as we sit around the table with our former group of friends. "I honestly thought that we would all be the best of friends till the end of time but we barely speak anymore."

I chew on the inside of my cheek while looking at the guys.

"Nobody picks up the phone when I call." Liam says while shrugging his shoulders. "If I want to see any of you then I need to run into you at an event for you to even engage in a conversation with me."

"The reality is that we have all forged new paths since leaving One Direction." Harry states. "It's nice to be around you guys but I'm not the same old Harry from back in the 1D days."

"Oh, we know." Niall scoffs before taking a swig of his beer.

Harry has distanced himself from the entire band since their 'break' and it has been a struggle to even get him to organise a dinner or meet with them. We were doing well with keeping up with Niall and Liam but then Harry reverted back to his old ways.

"I'm pretty sure that you don't' even have any of our numbers because we don't have yours." Louis sneers at Harry while leaning back in his seat. "You change your number every other week."

Harry looks at me for support but I look away because what Louis is saying is the the truth. If I didn't have children with Harry then I probably wouldn't have his number either because he never tells me that he is changing it until a receive a text from him letting me know who it is and to delete the old number.

"I can't keep waiting around for the inevitable or whatever the fuck is going on here." Zayn snaps and I purse my lips at him. "I know that I was the one to leave the band but when you guys spoke about reuniting for a final album and tour, I was all for it until you all went ghost."

"I wanted to do it but when I released my own album, I realised that I had no interest in doing the whole band thing again." Harry confesses and the guys look pissed. "Things are going really well for me and I like that I get full control over my music."

"You can do your solo thing but I have always told you that you need to communicate that to everybody else." I tell him and his face falls. "You brought me on the road with for a year and I gave up my entire career to keep our family together."