Chapter 9

My mum has just arrived in the US and I couldn't be happier. What a lot of people don't know is that my mum is the Charlize Theron. Although she used to work with the Congo government, she was an international model. Once we arrived in the UK she got into the acting industry and she's doing exceptionally well. My mother doesn't use our surname while working, she goes under her maiden name Theron to keep our identities secret.

I don't think many people even know that she is my mother but then again, it's none of their business. My family is pretty cool. 

My dad owns a few businesses, one of which is a production company. My younger brother, Chad is currently in university studying Business. I also have two adopted sister who are on a business trip with my dad.

"Mama." I shout as I spot my mum at the airport. Of course we are being photographed by the paparazzi but I don't care as I embrace my mother. Before we left for the US she was in Hungary filming so it's nice to be reunited again after some time apart.

"God, I missed you." She says as she kisses all over my face. "How is Ephraim?"

"Ephraim is doing good, mama

"Ephraim is doing good, mama." I collect her luggage as we walk towards the car outside. The driver looks at my mum is awe as he puts her luggage in the back.

"Be careful with my stuff." She warns as she instructs me to sit inside, she is well aware of some drivers driving off with other people's belongings like what happened to John Legend. I get comfy in the car as my mum watches the driver put everything inside, once the driver walks to the door she gets inside.

"CHARLIZE, WHY ARE YOU WITH VERONICA?"

"CHARLIZE YOU ARE BEAUTIFUL!"

"Thank you." She simply states as she rolls the windows up. My mother instructs the driver to raise the volume of the music so that she can speak with me privately but when we discover that he is listening, we switch to our native language. 

After 40 minutes in the LA traffic we finally make it up to the area that we are living in, which is another 20 minute drive. Before we could see my home I instruct the driver to drop us off infront of a neighbor's house seeing as I don't trust that they will keep our privacy. I roll my mums suitcases as we walk for almost 10 minutes. 

You best believe that my mother complained the whole time, she doesn't like that the journey was long but I had to include the fact that we were stuck in traffic for ages.

"Next time your Harry wants to buy a place, hit me up first." She states with pursed lips. "You're pregnant and you live too far from everything."

"It's a celeb hot spot." I state as we wave at Toni Braxton who is getting into a car, she waves back at us.

"I'm not impressed." My mum has my best interest at heart, I won't say that she spoiled us but she definitely worked her ass off to make sure that we had the best. She was skeptical of me first wanting to model but once she realised that I was serious, she mentored me. 

As soon as I unlock our gates Ephraim comes running up to us. 

"MAMA!" He screams and I assume that he is running to me but no, he runs straight into my mother's arms. 

"Bebe." She kisses all over his face as soon as she lifts him up. "I missed you."

I take her sunglasses off her face so that Ephraim doesn't make a grab at them. We greet Anne who instantly flocks to my mother's side, they honestly get on so well. 

As I take my mum's stuff into one of the many guest rooms. I decide to actually put covers onto the cushions and comforters before she shouts at me. It's a good thing that she is occupied now, I had originally set up another room but I didn't want to hear her complain about not having a view or an ensuite. 

I spray the room in various spots before unpacking her belongings and putting it in the designated areas. That took me almost an hour but only because I got tired and decided to sit for a few minutes.

I come back downstairs to see that Anne is gone.

"Where's Anne?" I ask my mum as we go outside into the backyard which is humongous. We own so much land now that I don't even know where it ends. 

"She went to go have a lie in, she was tired." We run alongside Ephraim into the play area. I take a seat on one of the pillows as my mum lies down on the hammock. 

We have a light conversation as I go through my instagram, I keep getting tagged by hundreds of people. I quickly decide to investigate and it all leads me to Barbara Palvin's instagram page, I look at the current photo. 

I pursue my lips in anger as I look at the photo of Harry and Barbara.

Posted 27 minutes ago 

Realbarbarapalvin: Coolest guy in town

656,788 likes ~ 6,984 comments

What the fuck is this? 

My mum looks at me and I chuck my phone at her which she catches with ease. I lay back as I place one hand on my stomach.

"Isn't she the one that likes your Harry?" She questions and I nod as she does whatever with my phone. "Take your phone back."

Within seconds I catch my phone in my hand.

"Nyama." She curses as she puts her phone to her ear. "Harry, it's Charlize. Get your ass home right now, yes I am pissed."

I don't hear what she says next as she gets up and lies next to me.

"Why are you upset?" She asks me as I lean up to watch Ephraim.

"Sometimes I don't think that I'm good enough. Before we were seriously dating he did express some interest for her but she went for Niall at that time. Now she's always raving about how she likes Harry." I whine.

"Are you insecure?" My mum gives me a look.

"Hell no." I reply because it's true, I'm not insecure. I'm just afraid that Harry will step out of line, he is already pushing my boundaries by even taking a photo with her. He wouldn't catch me taking cozy pictures with my ex's if it weren't work related.