Chapter 9

Today is my big comeback to runway modelling and I feel so blessed to be able to do it on the biggest fashion stage of them all, the Victoria's Secret fashion show.

I have worked my ass off making sure that I was ready for this moment and what a sweet moment it is. As soon as I walked in, I was warmly greeted by my fellow modelling sisters who were excited for my return.

Behati being there made the moment even sweeter as it had been some years since she had walked. We were both pregnant around the same time so it feels so right to be returning with her. It's bittersweet since Adriana Palomino will be retiring from the show and she's my sister so I'm sad to see her leave at such a young age.

As Behati, Adriana and I pose on the table for the photographers, I can't help but think of what a bittersweet moment this is for all of us.

"My beautiful girls." Jerome smiles as he snaps away on his camera. "This is an emotional moment for us all."

"It really is." Adriana softly responds and I rub her back.

After taking photographs with the other models and some of the performers, we are told to get ready

After taking photographs with the other models and some of the performers, we are told to get ready. I am briefly able to speak to my siblings who are preparing to go on stage.

"I can do this." I mumble to myself as I try to shake off the nerves.

I am currently in the best shape of my life but my mental state is just not there. There has been so much going on in my life and it seems as I'm working towards becoming a single mom. As ready as I am trying to feel for the show, I just hope that my face doesn't crack.

"You look like a goddess." Behati smiles as she wraps her arm around my waist. "Just stop overthinking, everything will be alright."

"I wish I was like you." I tell her. "I wish I could be as carefree and cool as you."

"But you are." Behati lightly squeezes my waist. "You just have a lot on your plate and that's ok. I bet if I asked your boys if they thought you were cool, they would respond that they have the coolest mom in the world."

"Veronica Styles."

"Thank you Bea." I turn to lightly kiss her cheek. "I love you too."

"I love you too."

Behati and I share a brief hug before I make my way over to the curtains. The Victoria's Secret team give me a small pep talk as I prepare to open the segment.

Birds flying high
You know how I feel
Sun in the sky
You know how I feel
Breeze driftin' on by
You know how I feel

A smile graces my face as I hear my sisters sing.