Chapter 24

I cry on the phone to Harry as I tell him about Chad's condition, I can see how this is also effecting him. "Harry, please come. I can't do this wi-without you, please."

"I would do anything for you." He says while wiping his eyes, "We'll be there tomorrow. I'm bringing Alex along with me."

We tell eachother how much we love eachother before hanging up the phone. I put my phone on charge before looking around the room, our parents has rented out a villa for us to stay in as we await on further news on Chad. 

The twins are buying groceries for us so that we can eat something while my parents are laid up in the other room. We wanted to stay in the hospital but we were not allowed to, my mother set up a small monitor so that she could watch over Chad plus the doctors have our number in case something happens.

I know that it is a 20 hour flight to South Africa so I'm not expecting to see Harry and Ephraim till tomorrow. I lay on my bed for a few hours making cute videos for my husband and son, I haven't seen my son is two days and it is hard to be away from him.

 I lay on my bed for a few hours making cute videos for my husband and son, I haven't seen my son is two days and it is hard to be away from him

---

At 2 pm, we decided to officially start our day by doing some shopping since we don't know how long we will be here for. We spent about 45 minutes shopping for clothes before having it sent to our villa, we then had some late lunch before heading back to the hospital.

 We spent about 45 minutes shopping for clothes before having it sent to our villa, we then had some late lunch before heading back to the hospital

"May I speak to the head doctor?" My mum asks as she stands at the door, looking at the nurse who is checking Chad's vitals.

"What will it be concerning? Maybe I can help." The nurse says with a smile while looking at my mum.

"It's about having my son transported to a hospital in London." We all look at my mum in shock. "I quite frankly, do not want to stay in South Africa. I want my boy to be at home with us in England, I want to see the stats for the possibility of him making the journey."

"Ma'am..." The nurse looks at her speechless before nodding her head and walking out of the room.

"Are you sure that it is good idea?" My dad asks while looking at my mum. I look over the twins and they are both on each side of Chad, looking at him mournfully.

"We no choice. We are 20 hours away from the States and almost 12 hours away from our home." She gives him a look. "If anything were to happen, nobody would be able to make it here in time. If there is a possibility that we can be close by or have better doctors on the job then I would rather take that. We can't stay in South Africa forever and Veronica is pregnant, she also has a 2 year old child."

I bite my lip, "I think that if it is safe enough for him to make the journey then we should do it."

My dad looks at me in shock, "It seems as if you guys have already made up your minds."

"Timothy," My mum gives him a pleading look, "this is our son, our only son."

I leave them to talk as I step out of the room, I begin texting Harry letting him know that there is a possibility that we may be able to move Chad to London, I tell him to not fly out yet until I can confirm things. 

As I put my phone away, the doctor walks into the room and I follow behind them.

"Good Afternoon, Mrs Theron-Swanepoel." The doctors greets her before giving us a smile, "My nurse has just informed me that you are wanting to transport Chad to the United Kingdom, London specifically."

"If it is possible then yes." My mum answers and we all look at the doctor.

"We will need to run some tests on Chad then see if it is possible for him to be moved. Shall it prove to be safe enough then we can talk about the equipments that he will need on the plane as well as what you would need to do." The doctors says with a small smile as they grab the clipboard, reading over everything. "I understand that this is your son and that you want nothing more than for him to be awake but you also have to put some trust in us. He may be your son but he is also our patient, we want the best for him too."

On that note, the doctor leaves the room with the clipboard. 

---

For the next few hours, as tests were ran on Chad, we all decided to tell eachother our favourite memories of Chad. I still can't believe that Chad is in the position, I am also wondering where his friends are. We haven't seen them and they are the reason why he is here, he saved their life and they can't even face us. Cowards.

We all hands and pray to God as we wait to hear back from the doctor. Chloe and Halle then sing the American version of The Lord's Prayer, I find my eyes shutting as I allow the words to flow through me.

"We should go get you something to eat, Veronica." My mom says while giving me a look of concern, "Don't forget that even though Chad is here, you are still pregnant."

"We'll take her." Halle says as she helps me out of the seat, I find myself swaying a little. "Woah."

"Do you think we need a doctor?" Chloe asks while looking at me and before I could even reply, I fall to my knees.

"Timothy, call the doctor!"