Chapter 26

Posted 1 hours ago

Posted 1 hours ago

VeronciaSwanepoel: Chad. The greatest brother that a girl could have and my soulmate. Thank you all for the continuous love and prayers that you are sending our way, we appreciate it all. I will be turning off my comment section because although I am receiving love, I am also receiving a tremendous amount of hate because I am back at work. I will not stand for this and will not allow for you guys to use my comment section to promote such a negativity especially when it is regarding myself and my family. 

1,209,384 likes ~ disabled comments

---

I listen to some Fleetwood Mac while having my makeup done. Lately I haven't been feeling myself since Chad was flown here, it made the situation just more real. My brother is on life support and there isn't much that I can do.

 My brother is on life support and there isn't much that I can do

"I'm really sorry." I say as I begin to cry my eyes out.

"Aw, Veronica." My makeup artist pulls me in for a hug as she kisses my cheek.

"I can't do this shoot." I confess as I lightly dab under my eyes with some tissue. "I'm really sorry."

The director of the shoot walks over and I explain the situation to him. Fortunately, he is really nice about it and we decide to reschedule the whole thing. I send Harry a text before waiting outside of the studio for him to arrive, luckily there is no paparazzi around.

"What's up?" He asks as he gets out of the car, I scrunch up my face as I walk up to him. "Babe?"

I launch myself at him, wrapping my arms around him as I begin to cry

I launch myself at him, wrapping my arms around him as I begin to cry. He sighs as he wraps his hands around my waist, pulling me in closer while whispering sweet things in my ears.

After a few minutes, we pull away and I press my lips against his.

"I know that you haven't been feeling good about yourself and about everything." I look him in the eyes as he softly speaks. "I flew over a few members of the Victoria's Secret Angels just for you. They'll be here for a few days and I just want you to be happy."

I pull him in for another kiss while tightening my grip around him.

"I love you." I mutter against his lips as I run my hands through his hair.

"I love you." He rests his head against mine. "Your parents have Alex for the day so you can do whatever with the girls."

"You're amazing, H." I say as we begin to walk over to the car. 

---

"Hi girls." I almost cry as I see the girls in my home.

Behati, Josephine, Jasmine, Gigi, Bella and Kendall are standing in my home with the biggest smiles on their face. I feel myself begin to tear up as I pull them in for the biggest group hug, they whisper sweet things to me as a few tears roll down my eyes.

 I feel myself begin to tear up as I pull them in for the biggest group hug, they whisper sweet things to me as a few tears roll down my eyes

"I really missed you." Behati says as she pulls in for a separate hug. "I know that times are tough but I know that no matter the consequence, you guys will be overcome this and shine."

I pull her in for a small peck before hugging her again.

She whispers words of guidance in our mother tongue as the girls talk with Harry who is leading them to the backyard where we usually hold our sunday lunches and big family dinners. 

"Your house here in London is so beautiful

"Your house here in London is so beautiful." Kendall comments as she wraps her arms around me. 

"It is nice but in LA we get more acres of land. It's easier to do things there than here, we need planning permission for the littlest things." I point to the fireplace. "This was actually a guest house and it took us 2 years to convince the council to let us tear it down."

"Wow." Josephine says while pulling a face.

"Outside London, more so in the countryside, you can get loads of land but it is hard to maintain especially with the animals." We all take a seat at the table. 

"We considered buying a farm because Veronica wanted a bigger garden space." Harry says with a augh and the girls turn to face me.

"Veronica the farmer."Jasmine wiggles her brows at me and I stick my tongue out at her. 

I faintly smile as our chef brings out some food for everyone. 

"This is my first home ever, the first time that Harry and I moved in together. I just wanted us to find a permanent residence that everybody could get to and stay at without worries of space." I shrug my shoulders as I dig into my chicken alfredo. "I wanted my siblings to be able to stay here whenever they wanted."

"How are things with Chad?" Behati asks with genuine concern. "Has there been any progress since South Africa?"

I stab my fork into my plate. 

"Not really, it's kind of like a 50/50 thing." I let go of my fork as I begin to cry, "I don't want my brother to die. He hasn't even lived his life yet."

Everyone stops eating and Harry pulls me in for hug.

"He won't die." Behati says while holding my hands. "You have the best doctors out here working on your brother, all you need to do is just believe that he will get better. He will because he hasn't even met his future niece or nephew yet and we know that he is excited to be an uncle again."

I sniffle as I lean back into Harry's arms.

"It's just not fair." 

"I know baby, I know."