Chapter 17

After we finished our conversation, Harry drove me over to my mum's place so that I can finally see my dad and siblings. I made sure to come bearing gifts and Ephraim since I haven't been the best daughter or sister. 

I should visit them more often but honestly I just get so tired. That's why I am so happy to see them again since it has been a few short months since I last saw them.

"Hey," My mum pauses to eye Harry, "they're all out back."

"Hello Charlize." Harry hesitantly greets her and she rolls her eyes at him.

"Just because you now know where I live, doesn't mean that I am expecting to see your face here again." She states while crossing her arms. "Where's Ephraim?"

Harry rushes back to the car to carry a sleeping Ephraim out. 

My mum gushes as she sees him and takes him out of Harry's arms.

"I'll accept you as part of the family but if you ever hurt my daughter again then you'll truly see what it means to be a Swanepoel." My mum says before giving him a fake smile which he returns. 

I bite my lip, holding in my laughter.

"See you, H." I mumble as I walk into the house. Harry kisses my cheek before stepping back and walking back to the car as my mum shuts the door.

We walk to the backyard and I smile as I spot my siblings and my dad playing around.

"YOOOOOO!" I whisper scream, trying not to wake up Ephraim but I failed. It came out louder than anticipated. 

"Hey baby bee." My dad says as he walks over to me, I run over to him wrapping my arms around him and he lifts me up. "You're getting so big."

"God, I missed you." I mutter into his hair as I feel my eyes begin to prick. "I love you so much dad."

"Don't cry, I missed you too." He sets me down before ruffling my hair. "Where's that little charmer of yours?"

"GRAMPA!" I smile really big as I watch my son and dad reunite, the love that my family have for eachother is so endearing. 

"Glamazon." I hear one of the twins call out and I place my hand over my heart once I spot getting off the hammock. 

"Hey pretty girls." I whisper as I run over to them, wrapping my arms around them. "Who said that you guys could continue to grow?"

"Chile please." Chloe waves me off before pulling me in for a bigger hug. "Now where's this Birkins bag that you said that you were going to get us?" 

"You cheeky little shit." I kiss both of their foreheads before turning to Chad, who has most definitely been working out. "Ok, Mr Muscle."

"Au naturale." 

We just look at eachother for a moment and I shake my head knowing what he is going to ask

"What the hell is going on between you and Harry?" I groan as my dad looks up at me, passing Ephraim off to the the twins.

"Yeah, do I need to kick his ass?" My dad asks while crossing his arms.

"We made up." I sheepishly say while rubbing the back of my neck.

My dad looks at me as if I'm mad. "What do you mean you made up? Bee, you announced to the whole world that you are single and don't think that I don't know about all these cheating allegations."

"So, what's the truth?" Chad narrows his eyes at me.

"It's all been a misunderstanding and I've been a total bitch." I sigh, "I didn't listen when I should have, I instead just ended it all and carried on with my life."

My dad shakes his head, "Just like your mama."

"Veronica is her own woman." My mum says as she comes up from behind me, she wraps her arms around me. "I hope that you are going to be having a little girl."

"Same." 

"We still want to talk to Harry." My dad adds. "We don't like seeing our baby girl hurt."

At that moment Chad grabs me and pulls me in a headlock.

"Oh for fuck sakes, Chad." I whine as I try to get out of it, everybody else starts laughing even my Ephraim is clapping his hands in glee. "You always do this."

"It's only cause I love you sis." He lets go of me and before I could even take a breath he picks me up.

"CHAD NO!" I scream as he runs for the pool, I wrap my arms around his neck while shutting my eyes. I felt a hand pull my phone out of my pocket just before I felt the cold water swallow me up. 

I let go of Chad ahead of delivering a kick to his side and swimming up. The rest of the family are laughing before the twins chuck in floats and they all jump in. I take off my now soaked trousers, placing them on the side before grabbing Ephraim. I put him on the baby flamingo float.

"I missed these moments." My dad says after an hour long play time in the pool. Chad and our mom are setting up a BBQ while the twins are providing entertainment for my son. 

"So do I." I mournfully say while looking down. It hurts me because I rarely see them but it's my fault for choosing work over them.

"All my kids are so grown up." We watch everyone interacting. "We adopted Chloe and Halle when they were 2 years old and now they're 19 year old singers signed to freaking Beyonce. My oldest is a supermodel with a 2 year old and a baby on the way. My son is set to graduate and gain a higher position within my company."

My dad rubs at his eyes.

"All our little ones are all grown up. Your mum is always busy with these commercials and movies that we never really spend that much time together." I place one hand on his shoulder as I pull him close. "God, it's hard being a parent."

"I know, daddy." We hug for a moment before my mum calls us.

"Come on chickens, last one to the BBQ gets tofu." I pull a face and before I know it, my dad is taking off for the BBQ.