Chapter 13

Posted 7 hours ago 

Posted 7 hours ago 

VeronicaSwanepoel: New Ribbed nude set available on @TropicofV

3,989,887 likes ~ disabled comments

---

Since I'm going to Aspen for the weekend to shoot with Victoria's Secret, I have to speak with Harry about it. I'm not going to be bitter because we still have a child and it would be wrong of me to just leave LA with Ephraim without consulting Harry first.

I spot Harry outside of the store that I arranged to meet to him, he doesn't know where my mum lives so I organised to meet him here to discuss our son.

"Veronica." He says as soon as he gets out of the jeep, he turns to look at me and I look away.

"I'm going to Aspen this weekend." I say while avoiding eye contact.

"Why?" He questions.

"Do you want to keep Ephraim here with you or would you rather I take him with me?"

"Veronica, we need to talk." I roll my eyes at him.

"Do you want Ephraim or not?"

"You told everyone that we are no longer engaged." I try to ignore the sound of hurt in voice as he goes to touch me which results in me moving away from him.

"We are not engaged anymore nor are we together. I have a son to get back to so stop wasting my time. Do you want Ephraim or should I take him?"

Harry sighs defeatedly, "I'll take him."

"Ok, I'll drop him off at yours tomorrow morning." I turn to walk away.

"Take care, Veronica. I hope that you'll consider speaking with me once you've come back."

---

After my talk with Harry, I went to do a whole days worth of shooting for Tropic of V. Tropic of V is my swimwear line which is doing amazing in the markets. My stomach has started to look bloated so I have decided to shoot my latest collection now since I only have the prototypes at the moment.

I've been testing my swimwear for sometime before I even released it, I even wore it while pregnant with Ephraim so I do have a whole maternity range and the sizes go up to a 24. If people are larger, then they can put in an order for their size which will still be at the same price. The only thing is that it will take some time for them to receive since it will have to be made. 

It took us over an hour to reach the desert that we would be filming at. My mum and Ephraim tagged along so I made sure that I had enough food and water along with a whole play area for him.

"You look so beautiful." My mum says as I smile up at her.

"I'm so tired." I yawn as we watch over the images that we just took. 

My mum pulls me in for a hug, "I am so proud of you Nica, you have accomplished so much on your own. Our family is all so proud and when you come back from Aspen, we are all going to be here waiting."

"They're flying here?" I squeal because I haven't seen my family is some months since moving to the US. I am so happy to see them again.

"Ok, we are ready to shoot some more." The director of the shoot voices, my mum hands me a bottle of water as I head back into the tent to change into another swimsuit.

" The director of the shoot voices, my mum hands me a bottle of water as I head back into the tent to change into another swimsuit

After shooting in 10 different swimsuits, we took a break and that's when my mum left with Ephraim. It's quite warm here and we've been here for a couple of hours already. I don't feel comfortable with him being here, especially when he fell asleep. I was terrified that he could suffocate or that some snake would come for him.

We took an hour break then I got ready to shoot some more before it got dark. Not that it would be an issue but deserts aren't really my thing. We spent another 4 hours shooting before I decided to wrap the shoot.

I am beyond exhausted as I thank everyone before I'm driven back to my mum's

"You looked amazing." My new assistant, Maxine comments. "You wouldn't believe that you are pregnant."

"Trust me, give me another month or so and you won't be saying that." I say as I down some water. "Once I come back from Aspen I'm taking a week off before working, so reschedule any meetings or shoots."

I watch as Maxine notes all of this done. She's smart and I am pleased to have her on board. She knows that I prefer for her to write down on a notepad before adding it to her phone since electronics just end up acting up and I don't have time for anyone's phone to be dying.

"Ok and you also got a message from Harry." She looks up at me and I pause.

"What did he want?" She hands me my phone and I'm grateful that she hasn't opened the message. 

I go through the message which is basically him explaining that we need to talk when I come back and how much he misses me. I don't respond as I put my phone down.

"Email the Victoria's Secret bosses and let them know that I need to have a meeting with them prior to Aspen."