Chapter 1

Posted 12 hours ago

Posted 12 hours ago

VeronicaSwanepoel: Don't forget where you belong

1,992,392 likes ~ 54,434 comments

I walk besides Harry as we exit his car, we haven't been spotted just yet. I just want to live in this moment because soon we will have paparazzi and fans all over us. 

It's hard keeping our relationship at bay but I feel as if it's time for us to finally expose ourselves. Of course, many fans have caught up and it's been rumored for years but since we've never confirmed it, people leave us be.

The thing is that we are flying to the US tomorrow and obviously it's not a secret. It's hard because we already have a child together and I'm currently pregnant with our second child. 

I'm going to prepare for the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show where Harry will be performing at as well as him also working on his album. We were considering moving to the US just because it unfortunately works better for us, career wise.

Harry and I lock hands behind our backs as we stand in place, waiting for the shop owner to let us know if it's ok for us to enter. We didn't necessarily ask for the shop to be cleared out but we did ask for some space and privacy as we shop.

Sometimes I wish that we could've come out earlier on with our relationship so that we wouldn't have to hide but the good thing was that we got to raise our son without the spotlight. A few people guessed that I was pregnant when I went on a hiatus but it was never confirmed and I spoke nothing of it. I know that I won't be able to get away with it this time and honestly I don't want to. I want to be able to share my life and the beautiful joys of it with the world. 

"Are you going to promote my album with me?" Haz is basically asking if I'm going to join him in travelling around the world to promote his album.

"I'm pregnant H and we already have a son. I still have to work and decide if whether moving to the US will be best." I rub my face as I pout. "Too much to do."

He grabs a hold of my hand and places it to his chest but before he could say anything we are suddenly blinded by flashes. I put on my signature poker face as we drop our hands and begin to walk to the shop regardless of the signal not being given.

"ARE YOU DATING?"

"HOW IS KENDALL?" I roll my eyes at this question.

"WE LOVE YOU!"

"ARE YOU DATING ZAC EFRON?"

"WHY WAS YOU WITH TAYLOR HILL?"

"BARBARA PALVIN COMMENTED ON YOUR LATEST PHOTO!" I try my best to hide my glare as it's obvious that Barbara has a thing for my man.

---

I'm Veronica Swanepoel, a South African Model and Entrepreneur. I was born in Mooi River and lived there for ten years before we lived in Congo DRC for 6 years as my parents worked alongside the government there, once they realised how corrupt it was becoming we fled to London when I was 16 . 

Shortly after arriving in London I got into modelling, I was often complimented on my appearance so I went for it. It took time to really build myself but by the time I was 19 I was well known in the UK before I flew to the US to work with Victoria's Secret. I bounce between the UK and the US. I met Harry after One Direction was formed but I had no interest in him whatsoever, I did a few photoshoots with them for several magazines as people liked the look of us together. 

Through Harry I met Elle Lex who is super cool but we were more distant friends due to her family issues taking over her life. Luckily she reformed and made a name for herself. I was aware that she dated Harry for a time but like I said, I wasn't interested in him until I came back from the US after a few shoots with VS. I was 19 and I came back to Heathrow Airport only to find him waiting for me with the cutest sign, he later asked me out and we grew to like eachother from there.

We've been together for 5 years but really we were on and off for the first two years. We eventually got pregnant when I was 22 and just settled on keeping that private. 

And now we are pregnant again.

---

"How is Kendall Jenner?" I mimic the paparazzi once we are in the store. Harry tries to hold me but I push him away. "Why are trying to hold me when you can have your Jenner?"

My Afrikaan accent begins to seep through and Harry sighs.

"We broke up." He looks me in the eye as he crosses his arms. "I only went on a few dates with her."

"Yeah and half of the VS team." I remark as I start picking out a few summer dresses which are on sale because we are currently in Autumn times, obvs LA won't always be hot but for the most part I do need more summery items. I donated a bunch of my clothing to a few charities as well as selling a ton on ebay for a lot cheaper than it should be. 

"That shouldn't matter, don't make me out to the bad guy." He says and my eyes soften. I can't help that I'm a petty betty.

"Yeah, I apologise." I say while stroking his chin. "I love you."

"Well you better had if I'm going to marry you." He says while pointing at the tattoo on my ring finger. We decided to get matching tattoos since we are engaged, since we can't wear our rings everywhere we settled on getting a small ring tattoo on our fingers.