N

Chapter 45

The bathroom door swung open as Mia appeared with a loose towel wrapped around her hair. Holding the towel with one hand to help balance the toppling tower, she slipped off her wet bathroom slippers at the entrance to the bathroom, before she made her way onto her fluffy carpeted floor, shutting the door behind her. With a small glanced at Jin, who had not noticed her presence since he was deep in thought, she leaves the room to get a glass of milk for herself and a can of Jin's favourite flavoured Milkis, which Mia had ask Shin to stock up on for his visit- not that anyone needed to know about that. 

When she returned, Mia had noticed that Jin was sat facing towards her, no longer deep in thought like before. Instead there was a quick wave of relief spreading across his face as he made eye contact with her, seemingly thinking that something had happened to her when he was zoned out. Already being able to predict his next actions, most likely an array of questions on her disappearance, Mia silently shook the bottle of Milkis in front of his line of vision, watching with great interest as his words paused in his throat.

As much as she tried to stop herself from laughing at the way his eyes lit up like a puppy, Mia couldn't help the small snort that left her as an image of a joyous puppy, waggling its small tail with a small button eye's plagued her mind. The image that her mind had conjured up, had great resemblance to Jin who looked hungrily at the refreshment in her hand, and Mia couldn't help feeling like she was baiting him with treats like a pup to avoid a scolding. Though she wasn't a dog lover, never being able to relate them unlike cats, Mia felt like she wouldn't mind having one as long as it looked like the image in her head. Cute and fluffy.

Jin heard Mia's quiet snort, though she was quick to cover it up with a cough, his eye's trailing away from the can between her fingers to look at her. It took him a second to realise that he had been salivating over a simple refreshment, and when he did, his ears were quick to turn bright red as he tried to stutter up an excuse for his (cute) actions. Thankfully for him, Mia spoke up before his mind came up with a believable excuse for his actions, not realising that Mia was actually enjoying seeing a new side to him.

"I tend to drink some cold milk after I shower, which you probably have noticed by now, so I went to get a glass since I forgot to on the way up. I remembered that I had some Milkis in the fridge some I gave a can for you, knowing your addiction to it. I didn't mean to escape, especially this close to bonding." Mia explained fully, throwing the bottle of the soft beverage to Jin, who instantly caught it. 

Mia watched as Jin roll the can in his hand, his eyes still alight with mirth but now also held specks of curiosity. "But how? They are really hard to get your hands on." Jin questioned, rolling the cold drink between his fingers.

"You seem to forget who I am, Jin." Mia chuckled as she made her way to the bed so she could consume the glass of calcium in her hand. "I'm on the head committee of many restaurant/food chains and Lotte Chilsung, the company that created Milkis, is one of those companies that I have stocks in. Getting my hands on some is easy as toast." Mia joked, as she took a gulp from her glass of milk, finishing it all in one sitting before turning to look at Jin.

She let out a hearty laugh when she was met with Jin's shocked expression, his eye's bulging out of his face and jaw wide open. His whole face screamed comedy as he remained frozen on the bed, the closed beverage slipping from his finger onto the mattress underneath, but he made no move to pick it back up. And as much as Mia wanted to laugh at his evident surprise, with a quick flash of her phone to tease him about this another time, Mia forcefully closed his mouth by hooking her index finger under his chin.

"You don't need to act so surprised, Jin." Mia's chuckled, as she removed her hand from under his chin, slightly disappointed that his mouth didn't fall open again like in the movies, before taking the forgotten can and placing it back into Jin's hands. "But forget all that. There's plenty in the fridge so help yourself to them and if you ever wants some more, just pop me a text and I'll ask for some." Mia stated genuinely, as she spun away from Jin to only walk back in to the bathroom to comb her hair into a ponytail, now that it had partially dried. She heard a small, 'I can't believe this' from Jin just as she entered through the bathroom door, a small smile gracing her lips as she took that as an okay.