M

Chapter 32

"Commencing dumpling eating in 3, 2, 1, go!" As the timer starts, Mia immediately pulls open her first basket, not sparing a second to pick her first dumpling and put it in her mouth as the boys sound out their denial, avoiding the steam.

"How have you already had one, Mia Noona?  They are piping hot!" Jungkook exclaims as he blows on his dumpling that was giving off an abundance of smoke. But that didn't stop Mia as she took another in to her mouth, inhaling the dumpling as a whole.

"They are so hot!"

"Too hot!"

"I can't feel my tongue."

"I can feel it trailing down my throat to my stomach."

"Why are they so hot?" 

"Can you see the steam coming off of this-" Tae waves it in front of the camera, that zooms in on him, before he takes a bite out of the dumpling; stuffing pouring out. "Tae, you are getting it everywhere!" Jimin squeals as the contents splatter on him and the table. "Sorry!"

"Mia-ssi has already finished a basket! How?!" Jin shouts as Mia drops the empty basket on the floor, pulling open the next one. "I did say I wasn't going to hold back." Mia replied as she swallowed another dumpling.

"How is your oesophagus not crying out in agony? You are just swallowing it like it's normal room temperature liquid. I mean you're not even chewing!" Namjoon exclaims in confusion and admiration, holding on to the glass of water like it was his only saviour. He finally gets through his basket after using the cold water to cleanse hit burning throat, but his eye's remained on Mia, who finished her second basket and was half way through her third. 

"You get used to the feeling. Plus there's a trick to it." Mia replies slyly after more complaining, but didn't reveal the trick she was talking about. Saying that, she was really surprised at how well everyone was doing. Especially Jin. He put his second basket down and reached for the third. Unlike the others, he wasn't complaining or speaking, and was instead watching the way Mia ate so he could match her rhythm- one reason why he was flying through it too.

Taehyung was the slowest out of the members, making sense as he didn't like spicy or piping hot food, but was still much faster than a normal person having dumplings. Hoseok was only 3 dumplings ahead of Taehyung, putting down is first basket and groggily reaching for his second. "My stomach's burning." He whined as he held his stomach. But that didn't stop him from taking another dumpling in his mouth as his competitive spirit was heightening seeing Taehyung put his empty basket down. 

Yoongi, Namjoon and Jimin were all neck and neck, all nearing the end of their second basket as they leisurely ate, careful of the burning, though they had reached the point where they could just swallow the whole dumpling without feeling any pain. Jungkook was ahead of the trio having finished his second basket and reaching for his 3rd, nose runny and face sweaty from the excess heat in the room and in his body. "I never thought I'd see the day I would hate dumplings." His whispered, almost drunkenly as he look at one on his chopsticks seriously before taking a bite. 

"Tell me about it. I don't want to see another dumpling every again." Jimin adds before turning to Taehyung, "You seriously can't have any dumplings, jumbo or not, anywhere near me. Ever. And I mean it. I'll puke if I see one again." Jimin seriously speaks, relating to their famous dumpling fight.

"Don't worry I'm never touching a dumpling in my life either." Taehyung replies as he leans back. He now understood why Mia warned them about vomiting. It wasn't just about eating a lot. It was also how quick it would fill you belly making you gassy with the added temperature problem.