S

Chapter 1

"From the 150 pieces of fresh chicken placed on the dish 9 minutes ago, incredibly only 5 remain! But with only 30 seconds left on the clock, will she make it?!" The female announcer voice boomed through the busy room as she faced the camera with a hopeful expression. Her job entitled her to report on every move that was made in front of her, yet as always, she found herself too spellbound by the scene in front of her to speak more than a few words at a time.

Everyone waited with bated breath as their eye's moved between the timer blinking with decreasing numbers and the elegant woman sitting casually with another drum stick between her long fingers. Unlike the plethora of people crowded in the room, all wanting to see what was happening as numerous camera's faced in one direction, the woman who was receiving these glances was extremely tranquil and cared nothing for those around her. Her attention was purely on the fried chicken in front of her, as she cleared the meat of the bone. 

Much to many surprise, the woman who was swallowing immense amount of the fried goodness was a thin, fit individual, whose appearance was contradictory to the many stereotypes of someone with her passion of eating. Physically she had a healthy body, not too slim, yet not too thick, with curves in the right places for someone of her age and womanly nature. 

However, that didn't stop her from getting judging glances as people watched her consume more than an average person would in one sitting. Heck, what she was intaking was not humanly possible, many would argue. Yet, that said woman gave no care for those words. Her love for food is the reason why she's here and it's the reason why she'll continue to eat.

Her job as a competitive eater/food fighter was to take inhumane challenges that pushed eating to the limits, thus she cared nothing for useless talk. She loved taking these challenges, whilst simultaneously challenging the stereotypes of what a perfect woman was. Getting to bask in her love of food whilst also pushing arrogant tyrants down a peg or two, was what she lived for. Her life had been a mess because of these tyrants, and now that she has the power and ability to stop more from blooming, she was more than happy to take the bullets of hate coming her way. Anything to save a possible child's life. 

"For those just joining us now, we have just under 20 seconds left and 3 drum sticks that have yet to be cleared. The stakes are high this time as our nations favourite food fighter has been challenged to eat 150 pieces of chicken in only 10 minutes. If she can complete this, the cost of all she has eaten now will be completely free! To top it off, she will gain the right to order anything to whatever quantity she would like from this store or any of the chains for free for the next 3 times!" 

"What if she loses?!" A random voices shouts across the noise of the chatter. 

"If she loses, if that's even possible that it, our food queen will not only have to pay for all the chicken she had just consumed, which would cost her 36828.70 yen (£250), she will be forced to give a full star review for the store. And for those who do not know what a full star review from her would ensure, let me enlighten you. A full star review from this woman will ensure that your business will remain in business for years to come, with large profits all year long."

Cheers erupt after the announcer fills everyone in with the stakes, just as the red fluorescent numbers decrease to single digits. If possible, the cheers doubled in fever as the chanting of the countdown dominated the room.

"10! 9! 8!"

"And the ten second count down begins! With 1 large piece left and only 6 second left can Mia-Chan make it or is this her first loss?"

"4! 3! 2! 1!"

As the timer hit zero, Mia placed the last bone on the tower she had created before sending a smile towards the first camera she see's with here iconic: "Thanks for the food." followed with a a peace sign.