E

Chapter 33

Everyone's attention was drawn to the director as he passed slips of papers to Namjoon. He took the red papers that were in the cup, shaking them slightly before pulling a random one out. There was writing on the outer side of the paper that Yoongi spotted, quickly reading it out. "Jimin's time." His voice caught Namjoon's attention as he showed the camera Jimin's name before going to open it

Whilst the rest of the group waited in anticipation for the time to be revealed, the boy in question couldn't stay still in his seat. His nerves where bustling and he was having a trouble staying still in his chair, so he stood up instead. Even though he knew this was merely a game, he still wanted a decent result, which he could later jokingly boast about. So when Namjoon slowly unfolded the creased paper, teasing Jimin having seen the tension on his face, it was no surprise that Jimin lost control of his patience reaching for the paper himself. 

"Hyung~" He complained as Joon moved the paper away from him laughing at his cute attempts at getting it. "RapMon hyung, you need to lower the paper or he won't be able to reach it. It won't be teasing if he doesn't get even a small chance." Jungkook joked, getting a glare from the maknae leader as everyone laughed at his comment. But before Jimin could punish the younger or make a smart comeback, Namjoon unfolded the paper showing it the camera, seeing the hurried sign from the director. 

"Jimin's time is 13 minutes and 56 seconds." Joon announces, Jimin getting a round of applause from the staff. "That's really good, Jimin-ssi!" Mia complements, giving a high five to Jimin who was smiling largely, forgetting about the murder plan he had for Jungkook as he hugged him. He danced around in his spot as Namjoon continued to read out the score, but at a much faster rate

"Jungkook = 8 minutes, 42 seconds"
"Hoseok hyung = 19 minutes, 3 seconds"
"Taehyung = 16 minutes, 21 seconds"
"Yoongi hyung = 9 minutes exactly."
"Me (Namjoon) = 13 minutes, 50 seconds"
"Jin hyung = 5 minutes, 56 seconds"
"Mia-ssi, 4 minutes." 

As the results were announced one by one, in a random order, all members celebrated their times, receiving thumbs up from Mia who complemented everyone for getting under 20 minutes. But when Mia's result came out everyone froze in astonishment, eyes not believing the numbers written on the papers. They asked the staff multiples of times if what they wrote was correct, each time receiving the same answer, 'yes'. They even went as far as to show the stop watch with Mia's time on it, further commenting that it might have been even quicker as it also included their reaction time to hit stop, admitting that it took them a few seconds to press stop not expecting her to finish so quick. 

Jin too got a lot of praise for his time, being only 1 minute and 56 seconds away from Mia, but he refused to accept it, even as Mia told him he could become a competitor eater, as he believed that he couldn't have done it without Mia. BTS and Mia were both taken back when he explained that he watched Mia eat and followed her rhythm thus the reason for his time. And though the sentence cause quite a stir behind set as it could interpreted as something different, Mia remained surprised and astound by the confession even going as far as further completing him. 

"You really are a hidden gem, Jin-ssi. Not only did you realise that having a rhythm in eating would be helpful, you also learnt a rhythm that many would struggle with just by watching me during the competition. You truly are a work of art." The words had spilled out of Mia's mouth without her realising it, her mouth speaking her mind- nothing but admiration and utter surprised intertwined in harmony.

But she hadn't noticed the weight or effect of her words until her eyes noticed the red tips of his ears and the dark blush on his cheeks. It was then she realised that something had changed. It was silent. Completely silent. The whole room had gone deafeningly silent, not even the creaks of the chairs of camera's could be heard.