D

Chapter 23

Jin chokes on his vegetable pasta as Amy revealed the true intent behind the meeting. He coughs harshly as his hands reach out for a glass of water. Jungkook hands him one quickly as Namjoon, who was sat next to him, rubs his back. "You okay, Hyung?" He asks as he watches the tears roll down Jin's cheeks. He nods before taking a deep breath in, hitting his chest. "Yes, that was close. I nearly suffocated." He breathed out adding a bit of a jokey tone on to his words. "Be careful next time Hyung." Hoseok warns lovingly, getting a nod from the older before turning back to the two girls again, who were now speaking Japanese.

"You couldn't turn it down? Amy you know I don't want to date anyone, much less marry someone!" Mia exclaimed as the whole ordeal was becoming so frustrating for her. She had enough of people always setting her up on these blind dates and arrange marriages. She wanted control of her own life for once. One where she took control of the reign for once.

"I tried. I even said you were dating someone but he just dismissed it saying 'Mia dating? Pfft, when pigs fly'. What was I suppose to do? He knew I was lying." Amy replied back just as burdened. 

"Wow rude much. I could date if I wanted to, but I just don't want to-"

"because the right guy will appear soon... Yes I know but your single ass has been saying that for the last 2 decades of your life."

"Two decade? I'm only 25, I have years to settle-" Mia cut herself off as she glanced at confused Jin before mumbling, "Well I did, but not anymore."

"Mia... Nothing's over you know.." Amy sympathetically says as she reached her hand over the table. The mood was now altered to one much darker as Mia's eyes lost the light they had before. She was always the type to go with the flow and waited for the one person to sweep her off her feet, but no matter how much she looked forward, the past was always looming over.

"It was over the second that was revealed. Even if I could have found someone who would look past that, now with this bonding I can't even hope for the bare minimum.." Mia solemnly whispered as she blinked away the dark memories that haunt her till this day.

"Mia-"

"Let's drop it Amy, okay? We need to get ready for the meeting. How long is the actual business part of the meeting?" Mia asked, quickly changed the subject. Amy sighed letting the situation go for now, hoping Jin would be able to bring the old Mia back. After that incident she had never been the same. Hopefully one day soon she'll be back, better than ever.

"It shouldn't be more than an hour but the 'dating' part is straight after, so you can't run away like you did last time." Mia and Amy laughed together remembering the time Mia had legged it out of the restaurant the second she realised what was going on. She looked like a madwoman running away from thin air, and Amy running after her whilst holding on to her doughnuts and coffee.

"Well, I'll find a way to escape somehow." Mia laughed, the previous atmosphere no long existent. 

The two were interrupted when a man they recognised from somewhere, stood in front of their table with a stern look. If they remember correctly it was BTS' dance instructor, and he clearly looked unhappy with the situation. The boys who saw him, immediately hid behind each other like children whilst the ones with their back to him looked confused. But that wasn't for long.

"Ooh look what we have here?" The voice was deep with malice as everyone on the table shook with fear. It was like long centipedes were running around headless on your spine as each syllable was drawn out for effect.