D

Chapter 20

Jin and Mia looked at each other in shock as they spoke simultaneously. If it wasn't for the fact, they were soulmates the two would have laughed and maybe blushed at the idea of matching. But the two, especially, Mia knew that they could't get flustered at this. But instead become more worried. This just meant the bond was finalising and they were becoming connected. More connection means more reason to stay together. More reason to stay together mean relations. Relations means trust. Trust means dark secret. Dark secrets means weakness. And weakness, weakness is a sin.

 As the two broke eye contact and looked back towards the circle, they saw the curious and surprised gazes from the spectators. Thankfully nothing was said as the door had once again open. This time Hyun walked in along the other soulmate specialist. Mia calmed when she saw the kind lady from the hotel enter alongside the devil, as she knew that she could avoid him just a little. 

As for the boys who had not seen her before, they fixed there postures sitting respectively and bowed at the older lady. In return she waved them off and she took a seat next to me and Amy, and Hyun took a seat next to her. "I'm Lee Chunsa and I'm sure you all know Hyun. We've both been told to tell you a bit about your bond and what it means from now on." Her voice was gentle and calm despite her words which sent knives through Mia's heart. 

"I'm sure you are aware of some of the basics from school teaching and I'm aware Jin-nim has asked a few questions which have been answered. Because of that I'll start off from the middle where the other soulmate specialist had stop." Chunsa smiled at us all as she looked at everyone who looked like attentive meerkats.

"As you all know each scar has a complimentary word on the soulmates body. Each word can only be the basis of problem or it could be the whole secret together. This means the word could represent the secret as a whole, or it could just scrape the beginning of it. For example, if one word was failure, this could mean that either the person feels like they are a failure or it could mean that there was a failure in their life that haunts them." 

Mia listen intensively along with the boys. She knew about soulmate bonds, and this bond especially, in detail but that didn't mean she knew everything about this bond. Like the soulmate specialists have said before, this bond is rare. Secret Scar bond as they call it, has only appeared 4 times since the beginning of time.

"Like Mr. Lee had told you boys previously and I explained to you girls before, this bond is scarce. This means everything I say from now on is not a hundred percent certain. So far Jin-nim and Mia-nim are the 4th pair to go though this bond. Because of this we don't know everything about the bond, and everything we have linked between the 3 previous cases have been vary vague and without much success in decoding the bond. Each couple has tried to decode the bond and make it work... However, no one has yet to fully remove all of their scars."

As Chunsa pause, the feeling of dread became apparent in the room. Everyone's eyes flickered to Mia and Jin who refused to make eye contact with everyone. The two knew the meaning behind Chunsa's words and they couldn't help but fear the worse. 

Namjoon gulped before he decided to ask the question he knew everyone was dreading to know the answer to. "W-what happened to them? What happens if they can't remove all the scars on the body?" Namjoon's voice shook as he feared the answer that was about to be revealed. All eyes became trained on Chunsa as her kind smile faltered and vanished.

"I can't say."

"What do you mean you can't say?! Jin-hyung's life is hanging on this bond and you can't even tell us the consequence of the bond?"