E

Chapter 40

*Bold* Japanese

It took a few second for everyone to absorb the bomb shell Amy had dropped so naturally. And then another few seconds for everyone to react to it. Followed by a further few seconds for anyone to say anything. Even then, the only thing that left their lips was simple collective "What?", their minds trying to comprehend such a random shift in the conversation.

"I said I can't drink because I'm pregnant." Amy repeated as she brushed through her platinum hair, her natural black hair becoming more visible at the roots. Her eye's swept over the room, looking at the statues that she had created around her, Mia included, before a small smile broke out on to her face at the sight of the eye-boggled looks she was getting. "Is it really that hard to believe? I am a 24 year old woman with a fiancé." 

Again Amy was met with silence. 

"Eh.. Amy I don't think that's the reason they are shocked. Apart from not knowing that you have a fiancé, the fact you just randomly dropped the fact of being pregnant to a group of men you just met a few hours ago is TMI and weird." Mia spoke up after a bit, her shock from the surprise announcement melting away. It wasn't much that Amy told them she was pregnant that caused her to freeze in astonishment, Mia was used to her random comments and surprises to the point it rarely fazed her anymore, it was the timing of the reveal that was an eye opener. 

"Really?" Amy pounded over Mia's words for mere seconds. "But it doesn't change anything now, I told them." She simply stated, not giving much thought to Mia's words. There was no way to take the words back now. And there really wasn't much point of hiding such a thing anyway. Unlike Mia, Amy wasn't going to be by Jin's side to see how this all works out, her family was about to expand and in a few weeks time she'll be at home preparing things for her child when the gender was finally revealed, and because of this, hiding such a thing till the last second wasn't going to help anyone. 

"She's got a point. Congratulations then Amy-ssi." Namjoon piped in as he watched the battle of the stares that was happening between the two friends. It made him wonder if they were talking telepathically by the way their expressions would change ever few seconds, one scowling whilst the other beaming in victory. "Thank you! And please just call me Amy. I'm younger than you after all." Namjoon nods, the others finally finding the strength to recover and congratulate Amy on her pregnancy as well. 

No more was said or done as a knock filtered through the room, Taehyung jumping up to get the door as the others straighten in the room knowing who was coming. Mia played with the glass in her hand, eyes closed as she calmed her beating heart when she heard the heavy footsteps of the man she really didn't want to see. But when the door to the room swung open and she heard everyone stand up to greet the over-powering visitor, she opened her eyes chanting a mantra of calmness as she placed a small fake smile on her face to greet him.

"I'm sorry for being late. I hope I didn't keep you all too long." His deep voice boomed through the silent room. He was immediately met with the shaking of everyone's head, expect Mia who was mentally rolling her eyes.

She knew she was acting like a brat, but she was still extremely salty because of the way she and Amy were treated by this man in the morning. In fact, it took everything in her not to leave this room and insist that he leave or she would leave herself. Petty but necessary in her opinion.

The only reason she stayed was due to the fact she wasn't the only one who would suffer if she left now. There was also Jin. And even though she was at times selfish and extremely petty, she would never put someone else's life at risk for her own personal feuds. And for that very reason she placed a fake smile on her face and sat down opposite the CEO, ready to listen to what he wished to propose.