****

Chapter 15

"So Miss Mia, who are you really?"

I turned towards the man in question to see he was staring at me through the rear view mirror. He made no movement to start the car and just continued to look at me like a bug under the microscope. Not something anyone would like to feel.

I refused to say anything or even keep eye contact with him as I continued my thoughts on the whole dilemma that I had caused by bonding. I couldn't believe that I had not only bonded to someone but that someone had to be none other than Kim Seokjin of BTS. What had I gotten myself into?

It seemed like the soulmate specialist had given up on me and had started the engine of the car, finally. But my relief was short lived as he refused to stop talking. If he wasn't going to get a response out of me through being polite, he was trying to get one through annoying me.

"I'm really curious about you Mia. It was one thing when it was nearly impossible to find you and then all of a sudden you appear in front of the building, but it's another thing when you know much more about soulmate bonding than you let on. For someone who isn't a soulmate specialist but a normal civilian, you know a lot about a subject where we only teach the basics. So miss Mia, who are you? And how do you know so much about a subject that only a minority of people know?"

Though I showed no reaction on the outside, on the inside I was shaking in fear. What could I have possibly done to show I knew about soulmate bonding? I acted like a clueless girl like anyone else in my position would have by listening and doing things a normal person would do like freaking out. So how did he see through it?

Quite satisfied by my reaction the specialist, turned the wheel and drove out of the parking lot behind the building. I wasn't good at hiding my emotions especially where I am panicking so I knew the second he started driving I had given myself away. But was it safe to trust this man? I didn't even know his name, much less if he was trustworthy. Seeming to have read my mind, the specialist looked at me for a brief second before turning back to the road.

"I'm Lu Hyun and you can trust me Mia. I'm not going to tell anyone anything. I'm just curious how you knew so much about something that the government's all over the world have kept as secretive as possible."

I looked over again to see that he was again looking at me through the mirror. Just as quickly as we made eye contact, I broke it before relieving a sigh. From a young age, I had gained a weird skill where I was able to see if someone was trustworthy or not. Something I had gained through my life as a child being put to the test constantly. There was always something in someone's eye's that showed whether they were being genuine or not, and I hated to think about this but this man had those eye's that showed he wasn't going to break that trust. 

"I'm not going to tell you everything but you are right when you say that I know about soulmates. I was a child who had a curious mind who ended up finding out things I wished I never did. Because of my stupid mistake I ended up losing important people in my life. Soulmates have always been something I hate and the fact I'm even in this position is rather laughable."

A small laugh left my voice box as I cursed my life. Many have a childhood were they could look back into and smile but for me, I never had one. Forced to be an adult despite only being 6 was one of the most scary experiences in my life.

Wanting to dispel the tense atmosphere and avoid him asking anymore questions about my past, I moved on and instead asked him questions. There was no way he was making me spill my life out to him. Amy is the only one who will know. And that will never change.

"Anyway, how did you know? Did I do something that seemed not ordinary?"  

The car slowed and stopped at a traffic light as the really late business men and women along with some drunkards crossed to continue on with their lives. Hyun turned towards me before smiling and shaking his head.