O

Chapter 31

Jin noticed the staff member make her way towards the two of them and panicked. He couldn't let go of Mia's hand or he was bound to suffer as time was ever so close. Whereas, if the staff member continued to come closer then she was going to spot their connected hands. He knew it was risky to start the recording before his healing had taken place, but with no actual excuse as to why, they were only going to raise suspicion amongst the rest of the crew. 

As Jin was panicking, he felt the grip on his hand tighten before it loosened completely and her hand fell out from his grip. He prepared himself for the pain that was about to flare under his skin, but nothing came. Instead he felt a sparking sensation coming from his thigh and leg as a chair moved back, covering him completely. 

"It's nothing, I thought there was a bug under the table but Jin-ssi said it's just a piece of thread." He hears Mia's voice speak, confident nothing like the shaking hand on his thigh. He gulped as his eyes glanced at her hand that was ever so close to the top of his hip, clearly trying to hide it behind her back. But as the staff moved closer, her hand moved down near the underside of his thigh, her long fingers caressing him through his jeans. 

He tried to hide his flustered self and not to have a reaction that would hint at what was happening, but much to his dismay his ears were a large give away. "Jin-nim, are you okay?" Another staff member called from behind the camera. He had noticed the reddening of his ear. And having worked with Jin for years it would only flare when he was embarrassed, people were looking at him, or he was extremely flustered.

His eye's shot to the worker as his brain searched for a believable excuse. But Mia's hand on his thigh was not helping as he could only think about the foreign touch on him, causing him to brighten in colour more. Mia's eye's too looked towards the camera crew where the male was stood, and Jin could have sworn he had heard Mia curse very lightly under her breath. It had taken him by surprise and made him wonder if he had heard correctly. But as their eyes connected every so slightly, the embarrassed look on her face showed that she had realised he had heard her and was now regretting it. That plus the attention everyone has on the two too.

"Y-yeah. I'm okay. J-just a bit warm, that's all." He covers, though the stuttering gave him away to the boys, who quickly realised the situation. The maknae's snickered under their breaths, realising something might have happened under the table, whilst the hyung line smiled slyly not helping either. Jin shot them an SOS signal which they happily ignored. 

But before he could do something about the blatant ignorance, he was quickly distracted by the staff member who continued to come over even after Mia expressed it was a misunderstanding. Jin felt how her hand trembled, indicating she was running out of idea's. But thankfully it looked like someone actually cared for the two's sanity as Amy quickly intervene.  

"Can we please start with the recording? Mia has a packed schedule and is expected to be somewhere else after this and we can't be late." Amy slid in perfectly, hiding her crossed fingers behind her back as she sweetly told a lie, successfully gaining the attention of the producer who hurried the staff off the set so they could get started.

"My apologies. I had forgotten that Miss Mia hadn't cleared her schedule for the day and is only covering." The producer apologised to Amy who simply smiled before turning to Jin and Mia. "You owe me one." She whispered quietly winking at the duo, before making her way off the set. The two released a sigh of relief in unison. There eyes met momentarily in shock, before the reality of where Mia's hand was set in again. Both eyes looked down at her hand that lay on the side of his thigh, ever so close to his butt and hip, as Mia blushed intensely removing her hand in reflex. But as a groan leave Jin's lips her hands return quickly to his leg, just much closer to his knee. 

Mia looked away from Jin, as the director began the taping for the actual show and not just behind the scenes. The duo tried to ignore the awkwardness brewing between them, trying to act professional in front of the camera as the timer was set up and they began the countdown for when the competition was to start. 

As they were briefed on how it was going to work, staff placed exactly 5 baskets in front of each member plus Mia, as she kept her hand on Jin's knee. Jin raised his right hand up to the table bringing the baskets closer to him and pushing some forward to Mia who smiled in gratitude, before handing her and the member chopsticks. He left his left hand under the table as the time hit 2:00 and their scar's glowed red. And though no pain flowed through Jin, he still felt self conscious as he felt the scars tingle all over his body and the words itch on his skin.

But as the soup dumpling challenge began, Mia and Jin forgot about the hand that lay on his knee and the small distractions of the scars and words as Mia went into the zone, her eyes changing ready to leave everyone in the dust. 

And so she did.

--------------------------------

Updating twice a week from now on :)

See you all on Wednesday :))))