****

Chapter 25

"Here you are." Choi Moon-bin placed the strawberry ice cream frappe, topped with whip cream and choco sprinkles on to the table in front of Mia. She thanked him as he took his seat in front of her in the secluded cafe. Just behind him was Amy in disguise playing on her phone, whilst checking up on Mia every few minutes ensuring she was still alive. 

After Moon-bin had introduced himself, Mr.Choi had sent the two down to one of his cafe's down the street. As the owner of it, he had bragged about the frappe thus the reason why Mia decided to try it. She had what people considered the 'God's tongue' and was a young prodigy when it came to any type of food. In other words, her trying this frappe and liking it whilst on this 'date' would be great publicity for his all ready 5 star cafe. 

Mia took a sip of her drink, out of habit evaluating it as it brushed over her taste buds and down her oesophagus to her stomach. She couldn't deny it was good frappe, one worthy of its reputation but she could also taste the uneven flavours in the drink. "There's banana and oats in this too?" She asked no one in particular. She had asked for a strawberry flavoured frappe, so was quite taken aback when she tasted a hint of banana and oats. 

"I'm not surprised you realised, Mia-ssi." Mia looked up at the man who was smiling goofily at her. "I have heard about your skill of being able to taste even the smallest of dosage of ingredients. I thought it was fictional but watching how you reacted with just a slice of banana and a pinch of oats, I'm astound." Moon-bin smiled again revealing dimples she used to adore. 

Looking at them closely now, she realised how prominent they had become since the last time she had seen him. She noticed he had truly matured from being the class clown back in school, and had undoubtedly became much more striking. She could see why people would throw themselves at him. He truly was one of a kind. 

"Thank you, but you can drop the formalities. We are the same age after all." Mia spoke after thinking for a while. "Same age? And how do you know that?" He asked back surprised. To this Mia knew her suspicions were true. He didn't recognise her. 

She wasn't surprised really. She had changed a lot since the time she was primary school/middle school. She had cleaned up well, many would say if they connected the dots. Sometimes she wondered what it would be like having someone from her past recognise her. Would they be surprised? Would they apologise for all the teasing? Would they laugh at her and call her ugly again? There was so much alternative that could happen. Some good, some bad. But what Mia was sure of was that she never wanted anyone to recognise her. And thankfully, no has. And no will. After all, the closest person to her back then doesn't even recognise her.

"Of course we are. It's written all over the internet. Not to mention, your father talks about you a lot." Mia skill-fully lied. A little lie wouldn't hurt, she thought. Now she knew he didn't recognise her, she wanted to keep it that way. For both of them it was better if they never meet again.

"In that case, I'll just call you Mia then." Mia nodded her head, ignoring the way her heart hurt when he said her name, before returning back to her frappe. "I got to say you're a strange one, Mia. All the other girls I have met throw themselves at me and try their best to get me to like them, but you. You don't care. It's refreshing." Mia looked up at him, still with her straw in her mouth, with big googly eye's in confusion. Instead of making a bad impression, she had caused him to be curious. And curiosity isn't a good thing. She sighed before putting the drink down, knowing that she should stop being vague and straight out tell him.

"It's because I'm not interested in you. You're a great guy, I'm sure, but I have no plans to date, much less marry anyone, right now, or ever. I'm sorry, but I'm really not interested. I'm only doing this because your father wouldn't drop the topic." Mia bluntly told him the facts as she open up her hand bag and fished out her purse not waiting for a reply.

"Here's the money for the frappe. Thank you for everything Moon-bin but let's not meet again." She placed the notes on the table, standing up and throwing her handbag sling around her shoulders, making her way towards the door. Amy moved from behind the shocked Moon-bin scurrying after Mia, after paying her bill. 

By the time Moon-bin had snapped out of his shock, Mia had already left and was nowhere to be seen. He ran out from his chair to the door, looking left and right for her figure but couldn't see her anywhere. Giving up, he walked back inside to his table. A security member ran to him bowing before speaking, "She said that you let her go. We didn't-"

"Don't worry about it." Moon-bin interrupted as he looked at the chair she was sat previously at. His eye's glided to a piece of card next to the chair leg, which he concluded fell out of Mia's bag. Seeing where Moon-bin was looking, the security man picked the card up passing it to him after dusting it off.

Moon-bin flipped the card over to see he had hit the jackpot. It was Mia's business card, which so happen to have her phone number on it. Twisting the card in his hand, Moon-bin smiled thinking back to the way Mia's hair swayed in the wind on the way to the cafe and how her green eyes glowed when took a sip of the frappe. 

"Koizumi Mia. To think I would find a girl worth of my time." He ran his tongue over his bottom lip before typing in Mia's number into his phone; adding her contact as 'Future Wife  💘'. Saving it, he turned to the security man again and spoke, "Tell Yamato to come over tonight. I have a favour to ask of him." The guard nodded leaving to inform Mr. Yamato, Mr. Moon-bin's best friend. 

"Mia. I'll have you sooner or later." He smiled adding the picture her father sent him as her contact picture.

----------------------------------------------

Look's like we might have a love triangle. ヾ(^ิ∀^ิ)