****

Chapter 50

"Jin? What are you doing here?" Mia questioned when she noticed a horribly hidden Jin behind a bush. He was sat on the watermelon they had just bought, something that Mia found extremely weird, whilst he was covering his head with his hands. 

"Didn't I tell you to stay in the park?" She further asked when he didn't reply to her first inquiry nor made any move to stand now that he had been seen. She paused in front of him, the bush being the only thing separating them, her eye's switching between the fruit he was sat on and his crouching figure.

"I noticed quite a lot of holes in your original plan so, I followed after you to make sure you were okay, but I never would have thought I would see and hear what I did." Jin mumbled and rapped out all at once, though it didn't stop Mia from hearing him. 

Maybe there is a positive to sleeping in the same room. Apart from the obvious bonding, of course. Mia thought as she understood his word vomit with no difficulty, his sleep talking being the main cause for her acquired skill. However, that was not all she had acquired from their sleeping arrangements. The images of what she would awaken to the following mornings when she was lucky enough to awaken first, was yet another thing that had been plaguing her mind.

"How much did you hear and understand?" Mia asked hurriedly, mentally wafting away the image of their tangled bodies, something she noticed that she woke up to more than usual recently, but put it down to exhaustion.

"Not a lot, to be honest. I understood that there was some sort of bullying taking place; I could tell by the way the two older boys were acting towards the younger one, but apart from that, not much." Jin replied, much slower than before, as he slowly stood up from his makeshift chair.  

Mia simply nodded to his reply as she reached for a few plastic bags beside Jin, leaving behind one bag and watermelon for him to carry. Without a word, she signalled Jin that they were leaving as she made her way back through the trees. They had already wasted a lot of time with this unexpected predicament and had to hurry back so they could eat before Mia left for her meeting- something Mia had no idea at the time, would turn her life upside down. 

"Hey! Give it back!" Mia yelled as a bag was snatched out of her hands without warning. 

"Nope." The perpetrator answered with an exaggerated popping of the 'p'. "3 bags for you, 2 plus one watermelon for me. We agreed on that, remember." He kindly reminded Mia, all whilst dodging her desperate hands that reached for the bag in his hand. "I remember. But that bag is mine." Mia stated, referring to the bag Jin had stolen from her.

Jin was well aware that the bag he was supposed to carry was the other one in her hand, yet he had no intention of giving this bag back. He may have pretended not to notice at the market, not wanting to make a bigger scene than they already did with their mini tournament, but all 3 of Mia's bags were considerably heavier than his 2 bags and fruit. She had snatched them away from him before he could take them, pretending like she had fairly split the bags, but Jin noticed the weight difference instantly. The only reason why he didn't say anything about it at the time, was because he had already planned on taking a bag from her when they left the market, disguising his actions as an accident when they sat down on the park bench. This was just an opportunity given to him now that the original plan fell through.

"By the way, what was the reason behind the bullying?" Jin deliberately asked when Mia caught up to him after he had sprinted off with the stolen bag. He was hoping the sudden run would distract Mia from his accomplished grocery snatching. And, it did.

"Oh that..." Mia thought about it for a second as she tried to steady her heavy breaths. "It was partly envy and jealousy, I guess." 

"I guess? Why do you say that?"