M

Chapter 5

Having returned from the photo shoot yesterday, the two females had immediately face planted onto their hotel beds exhausted from the days endeavours.

Why were they so exhausted from just a simple photo shoot, you are wondering?

Well you see, the photo shoot wasn't the problem. It was what had happened after that, which left them sweating bullets and breathing heavily.

Thinking that the best course of action was to use the rest of the day for some sight-seeing, the duo decided to have the taxi drop them off in the centre of Seoul, not too far from their hotels, so they could use the remainder of the sunlight to look around and then easily return to the hotel. The idea itself wasn't what had them cursing their luck and awful choice of footwear that evening, rather yet the awfully timed exiting of the taxi and equally coincidental and bad timing of the news playing on the surrounding buildings. 

It was like someone was purposely trying to have them caught in a sticky situation as Mia's face was plastered on the side of the building as a new anchor spoke about her recent food challenge. It seemed her chicken challenge had gained more talk about whether or not she was human with the large amount she could each in a short period of time, plus the news of her up and coming new restaurant, one where for the first time ever, she would be revealing new recipes to the public. 

Everything was so 'well' timed, that the taxi driver had just left the two in front of the said building that was projecting all this just at the moment Mia's face popped up on screen. Those who had seen her come out of the taxi before returning to their lives, all took a double take to confirm the identity of the woman in front of them. 

Mia and Amy both cursed inwardly as people started to recognise them, children not making the situation any better as they were quick to point out to the world that the same person on TV was in front of them, forming a small crowd around the duo. With nosy people, who wanted to know why their was a crowd forming and where all the noise was coming from, plus excited fans, who couldn't believe that Mia and Amy were in front of them, mixed with people who didn't know who they were and continued to questions those who were taking pictures of 2 random girls in their opinion, it wasn't long before the media had caught whiff of their location.

Mia and Amy weren't really fans of the media, never really liked taking interviews or even answering questions by interviewer or journalists, so when they saw what looked like a couple of TV camera's, the two were quick to come up with an escape plan. 

At first, not wanting to be rude, the girls just smiled and asked if they could pass as they were busy with work, a small white lie in their defence, but that plan fell through quite quickly. Though, some people did move, majority of them being fans of the girls or people who had no idea who the two were and couldn't care less, a large chunk stayed still with their camera up and recording their struggle. The two only had one way to escape, not wanting to go in the direction of the interviewer, so they couldn't really map out a different route. Not to mention, it was the only way they knew to hotel and the last thing they wanted to do was get lost in the middle of Seoul.

So with very little time and an even smaller patience for the obvious lack of personal space, Mia grabbed Amy's arm and ran.

Yes, ran. 

Ran right towards the thick of the crowd, knowing people would automatically move out of the way for their own safety. The two shouted a quick sorry, before running off in the direction of the hotel without looking back. They weaved in and out of crowd, before blending in by pulling up their hoodies, though the heels that Mia was still wearing from the photo-shoot was a massive giveaway to who they were.