W

Chapter 16

Mia

The alarm blares as I shuffle to reach the annoying device. Sometimes I wonder why people created alarms to be so annoying. There had to be a better way to wake up each morning.

"Turn the annoying thing off, Mia! Why do you even have it on in the first place?!"

Amy growled as she tucked her head deeper in between the duvet and pillow to escape from the deafening screeching. "I'm trying." My hands roamed around under my pillow trying to locate the crying baby, still refusing to accept the fact I could open my eyes and find it quicker. Finally reaching the pesky device I switched off the alarm as I stretched and headed to the bathroom. It was the first time I had gotten up with one alarm and I was surprised. Maybe it was the scare factor of nearly dying that made me listen to the alarm and awaken.

As I finished my business in the bathroom, I returned to the room to see an awaken Amy who was resting on the bedpost. "What are you doing up so early?" She questioned as she saw me leave the bedroom. I had originally planned on telling her later when she had woken up on her own but it seemed just like me the alarm had rid us of our sleep. Seeing no reason to lie, I told her the truth as I changed into a white t-shirt with a denim jacket and ripped jeans. As my story came to an end, I was brushing through the last few knots in my hair before putting it up in a pony tail. 

Amy didn't once talk throughout my whole recall, which I was grateful for, as she too got ready for the day. "And now I need to get back there before one of us suffers again." I looked towards Amy as I tapped my black pumps on the floor ready to leave the hotel and maybe getting some breakfast along the way. "Wait so your telling me that not only is BTS Jin your soulmate, the two of you have met and are going meet again in a few minutes. This happened all whilst I was sleeping?" I knew that she was talking to herself getting the things I said to sink in before she ran up to me and hugged me. "I'm so glad you found him. Now you wont die!" 

I smiled, though the smile didn't reach my eyes, as Amy dragged me out of the hotel room and into the hotel's lobby. She had realised what I was hesitant over but didnt say anything knowing fully well I didn't want to talk about it. Grabbing a quick croissant from the dinning hall along with two hot chocolates, the two of us left to the building.

....

"I am surprised they are opened this early. It's like 5:56 in the morning!"

Both me and Amy reached the building where the meeting was going to take place and Amy couldn't help but question if people actually slept in the company. It was open at 2 AM when I was there and now it too was opened. I shook my head as I walked ahead of the gawking Amy. I had planned on going on my own but Amy wanted to tag along and be their for moral support, something I needed, but right now I was more of her moral support than her mine.

Amy caught up to me as I entered the building which was empty, not surprising, and headed toward the main reception. Stood there was one receptionist that looked like she would rather be elsewhere, but as soon as she saw me and Amy she perked up and put on a smile. I pulled my mask down and adjusted my cap so the shadow covered my face before telling her I had an appointment with Sejin, BTS' manager.

She nodded before calling him and asking for my name. Not even seconds after Sejin came out of the elevator and greeted both me and Amy. Obviously he had a lot to say about Amy's presence however after I said that I wouldn't go without Amy he agreed reluctantly. 

We followed him to the elevator as he pressed the button and let us in. No one spoke throughout the whole ride in the metal box as the looming tension was thick. Amy and I exchanged glances every now and again as we trailed behind Sejin who seemed in a hurry after looking at his phone. 

Without knocking Sejin ran into a room with both me and Amy seconds behind. Unlike Sejin the two of us were hesitant to walk into a room that could hold multiple important personnel. So for a few seconds the two of us stood outside the room prepping each other before peaking our heads through the door. No one had turned to look at us, something we were both exhilarated about, as the two of us looked around the room. Inside was a group of bodies that were surrounding something or someone as someone, that I recognised as a soulmate specialist, was kneeled down on the floor. 

Just like the night prior, my feet moved on their own as people started to notice my presence. As they shifted out of the way, my eyes widen as I took in the pale figure lying on the floor. He took in ragged breaths as he was sweating profusely. He held a cloth in his mouth stopping the small grunts and curses that would spill out of his mouth, if not for the material. Water was surrounding him but seemed to have no effect as the red fiery scars lit alive swallowing his body in pain. But his scrunched up eyes was the part the caused the most pain in my heart. The way he forced them closed almost praying it was dream, a nightmare. And when it opened briefly and we made eye contact they swirled with so much emotion. Emotions of pain,relief, worry and more. But what stood out more to me was the pleading in his eyes that begged for help before scrunching up again. My eyes drifted to the clock that hung above his head, 

6:01. 

We were late.